Wildfire - Hannah Grace.

Wildfire.
Author: Hannah Grace.
Pages: 400 pages, Paperback.
Genre: Romance, Sports Romance, Contemporary, NA, College, Hockey.
Published: October 3, 2023. By Atria Books.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 3.91.

Hii, my fellow readers. This week's book is "Wildfire" by Hannah Grace. The second novella book in the 'Maple Hills series. Another exciting adult romance to discover. 

The characters in this book are so fun and lovable. The chemistry between Russ and Aurora (Rory) is insane. They truly are meant to be. Russ is such a golden retriever guy and it's so adorable. The side characters are fun and hilarious (mostly Xander), he made me laugh out loud a couple of times. I loved how the whole gang entered some parts of this book. they truly feel like a big family and it's so heartwarming to see how they grow even bigger as a family. Yes, Hannah did it again with the characters. 

The world-building is contemporary and fun. It mostly takes place at a camp and I'm eager to go to this place. How she describes everything, I understand why the characters love to go to this place. It sounds like a peaceful and romantic place.

This book was so fun to read. I really enjoyed reading it. I love how this is a standalone, but it's also kind of a sequel from Icebreaker (you can read it as a standalone). It's fun to get into this series knowing that each hockey player is getting someone destined for them and I can't wait to read the books that are coming. Wildfire is an adorable but secret romance, with adult content in it. There are slow moments and miscommunications, but they are relatable and realistic which makes it okay for me. It adds extra depth to the story, which I love. I really enjoyed this book and I really enjoy the writing style. It clings to you until the end. I'm still floating from the story, it's gonna be hard to find my next read. But it will be okay because there are many lovable stories to discover. Anyway, I'm counting down the days to get my hands on "DayDream", the next boo. Let's hope June 4th is coming soon, because that's the release date of Daydream. 

Synopsis:
it only takes one spark.
When Russ and Aurora cross paths at a university party, a drinking game ends with them spending the night together. But Aurora slips away before Russ learns her full name.

This anonymity ends when they both turn up to their first day of work as camp counselors. A job they had both chosen to escape Maple Hills for the summer.

Given their history, there's still an obvious tension between the two but the camp has a strict "no staff fraternising" rule. Russ doesn't want to risk heading home early but Aurora has never been one for rules.

As things heat up, they'll have to resist or risk starting something they just can't stop. 


Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts