House Of Sky And Breath - Sarah J. Maas

House Of Sky And Breath.
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Pages: 805 pages, Hardcover.
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Adult, Fae, Urban Fantasy, NA, Fiction, Paranormal, Magic.
Published: February 15th, 2022 by Bloomsbury Publishing.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.52

Hello, my fellow readers. This week's book is 'House Of Sky And Breath' by Sarah J. Maas. In this sexy, action-packed sequel to House Of Earth And Blood. Sarah weaves a captivating story of a world about to explode, and the people who will do anything to save it. This book is written in the third person from multiple POV's (which can be confusing sometimes). 

And oh boy... The ending was indeed exploding! The beginning of HOSAB was slow. Actually, the whole book was kind of slow, because it contained a lot of information which you can't miss. But near the end, everything made sense and the plot twists came in waves. It had me screaming in excitement. 

Bryce is the MC, she is a smart and badass person. I enjoy reading about her character. 
Hunt should be a badass man, but I actually find him a little bit of a softy... He does everything for Bryce, he isn't such a badass to me. 
Ruhn otherwise, with the piercings and the tatts. He was such an interesting character to read, which was fun. 
There are many more characters that I enjoyed (Cormac, Ithan, Flynn, Dec, etc...). There are so many characters in this book that you need to keep your attention. It gets confusing because it's written in the third person and there are so many characters. I had to reread some parts to understand who was talking. There are characters that you get attached to, but your heart will get ripped out (if you know Sarah), I don't trust her on the characters anymore ;). 

The world-building is amazing. It's also very very huge. I really like this world. You get an idea how it looks like and your imagination will do the rest. This book has a map, which is good if you want to understand it better. 


This was a massive book. There were a lot of characters and a lot was happening, which got me confused in some parts. I had to reread it to understand it better. There was a lot of info, so I read this when my mind could handle it. The book has 805 pages, which in my opinion could be written in fewer pages. A lot happens and it doesn't make sense at some point, but it will explain itself near the end. The ending of this book made the book. Plot twist after plot twist and it ends with a huge cliffhanger. I was shocked and a whole new world opened in my mind. Honestly, I couldn't care less if the next book is huge as well. I am ready for it and I'm also very excited about it. 

Synopsis:
Bryce Quinlan and Hunt Athalar are trying to get back to normal. They may have saved Crescent City, but with so much upheaval in their lives lately, they mostly want a chance to relax. Slow down. Figure out what the future holds.

The Asteri have kept their word so far, leaving Bryce and Hunt alone. But with the rebels chipping away at the Asteri's power, the threat the rulers pose is growing. As Bryce, Hunt, and their friends get pulled into the rebels' plans, the choice becomes clear: stay silent while others are oppressed, or fight for what's right. And they've never been good at staying silent.

Love, ❤
DarkBlue

Comments

Popular Posts