The Both Die At The End - Adam Silvera

They Both Die At The End.
Author: Adam Silvera.
Pages: 389 pages, Ebook.
Genre: YA, LGBT, Romance, Contemporary, Queer, Fiction, Fantasy.
Published: September 5, 2017. By Quill Tree Books.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★☆☆ 3.80

Hii, my fellow readers. This week's book is 'They Both Die At The End' by Adam Silvera. The second book in the Death-Cast duology. A tragic love story, between two guys who found each other just before death appears. A devastating yet uplifting story about two people whose lives change over the course of one unforgettable day.

It took me a while to finish this book. But I got some lack in time and I was a bit in a reading slump... I finally finished this book. However, I didn't love it...

The characters were really fun. I enjoyed how Rufus and Mateo were quite different characters, but found each other on their last day and completed each other. They both had great character development in this story. And I love how they grew to each other. The other characters were fun as well, except for these characters: I wish Mateo's dad had a different ending, and I found Puck and his friends kind of useless in this story...

The world is fun and exciting because they travel a lot to different places. It's a contemporary story so it takes place in this world. Yet, I missed some more depth in the descriptions of certain places.

Overall, It was an okay book. But I wouldn't read it when I knew how it was going to be/end. TBDATE has a slow start, and the middle part was also kind of slow. The ending was fast and exciting. But was also a little dull. I wasn't heartbroken when I finished it, and it took me a while to finish it. However, I didn't DNF't this book because I was curious about the ending. I liked the characters, but some were nonsense to me. There were parts where I couldn't follow what was going on... etc. I wished I liked it more, but I didn't. Hopefully, you'll enjoy it better than I have.
 
Synopsis:
On September 5, a little after midnight, Death-Cast calls Mateo Torrez and Rufus Emeterio to give them some bad news: They're going to die today.

Mateo and Rufus are total strangers, but, for different reasons, they're both looking to make a new friend on their End Day. The good news: There's an app for that. It's called the Last Friend, and through it, Rufus and Mateo are about to meet up for one last great adventure, to live a lifetime in a single day.


Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts