War (The Four Horsemen) - Laura Thalassa.

War (The Four Horsemen).
Author: Laura Thalassa.
Pages: 502 pages, Ebook.
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Paranormal, NA, Adult, Paranormal Romance, Dystopia, Dark, Post Apocalyptic.
Published: July 10, 2019. By Lavabrook Publishing, LLC.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.06.

Hii, my fellow readers. This week's book is 'War' by Laura Thalassa. The second book in 'The Four Horsemen' series. Where the world is terrifying, except when you'll fall in love with the man who made it terrifying. 

This book is written in One POV (except for the ending).
War is the second horseman. He fights cities and towns like everything depends on it. I like his character because he is very manly, but also very sweet when it comes to Miriam. You'll see that his character grows during the book, in a good and beautiful way. Miriam is our MC, she's very admirable and fierce. But during the book, I wonder about the choices she made. But then I think "What will I do when War would be my love interest?" and then I remind myself, I would probably do the same as Miriam did. This is an Enemies-To-Lovers, Mariagge-in-convenience book, And I love it. The smut was very enjoyable. 

The world-building is scary... I would not like to live in a world where I get slaughtered or if I survive, I get killed by zombies who won't die... The camp is actually terrifying as well. Furthermore, the world-building is well-written. You'll get a good idea of how cruel this world seems. 

I started this book very excited because I liked Pestilence as well. And I'm glad I read it. It's a simple E-T-L and M-I-C book, but it's really exciting to read. War is big and powerful and Miriam is small and not as powerful (as War). Their love story is hot but also cute. The character-building and world-building are very well written. And the plot was exciting as well (Although I had a feeling how it will end). There is a lot of betrayal in this book, but also friendships that are worthy. However, the middle part of the book took a bit too long and was a bit too slow for me. But I still enjoyed it. I'm curious to read Famine, but I can't wait to read Death. He triggers me, and I'm very excited to finish this series. 

Synopsis:
They came to earth: Pestilence, War, Famine, Death. Four horsemen riding their screaming steeds, racing to the corners of the world. Four horsemen with the power to destroy all of humanity. They came to earth, and they came to end us all.

The day Jerusalem falls, Miriam Elmahdy knows her life is over. Houses are burning, the streets run red with blood, and a traitorous army is massacring every last resident. There is no surviving this, especially not once Miriam catches the eye of War himself. But when the massive and terrifying horsemen corners Miriam, he calls her his wife, and instead of killing her, he takes her back to his camp. 

Now Miriam faces a terrifying future, one where she watches her world burn town by town, and the one man responsible for it all is her seemingly indestructible "husband". But there's another side to him, one that's gentle and loving and dead set on winning her over. And she might not be strong enough to resist. 

However, if there's one thing Miriam has learned, it's that love and war cannot coexist. And so she must make the ultimate choice: surrender to War and watch humankind fall, or sacrifice everything and stop him. 



Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts