Kingdom Of The Feared - Kerri Maniscalco.

Kingdom Of The Feared.
Author: Kerri Maniscalco.
Pages: 401 pages, Hardcover.
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Witches, Magic, YA, NA, Paranormal, Demons, Fiction.
Published: September 27, 2022. By Little Brown Books For Young Readers.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 3.89.

Hii, my fellow readers. This week's book is 'Kingdom Of The Feared' by Kerri Maniscalco. The last book of the 'Kingdom Of The Wicked' trilogy. 

When I ended 'Kingdom of The Cursed', I couldn't wait to start this book because I enjoyed the other books of the series. But honestly, this one disappointed me. Kerri messed Kingdom Of The Feared up for me. It feels like she had no inspiration for the last book, and made a smut book out of it... I tried many times to read this book, and it made me have no motivation to read whatsoever and it gave me a reading slump. At a certain point, I had to DNF this book because I loved the two first books, and I didn't want this to ruin the story of the series for me... So I stopped reading at page 161. 

The characters changed. Emelia used to be fearless and eager to discover the truth and find her sister. Here, all she wants is to have sex. Her character was not fun and inspiring to discover. It was bad... Wrath, our handsome bad and angry Wrath... He was no Wrath to me... The characters had no story to tell... 

The world-building was okay. Nothing special, but I think I liked this part the most, out of it all. Anyway, I liked that the book contained a map. I always enjoy maps in books. 



Overall, I was really disappointed. Kerri had not much to offer and the story was just not good. Nothing happened, but smut. Even the first smut scene between Emilia and Wrath wasn't that good. The whole story was based on that moment, but it was not spectacular at all. When I finished Kingdom of the Cursed, I was so thrilled to read this one. But I had to stop, to still enjoy the series (because I really liked the other books), and this one was ruining that for me. So I DNF'ed it. There was no story to discover, the characters had no growth, and it was just focused on smut. Also, suddenly there were werewolves??? I think I missed this in the previous books...? I don't know what to say anymore. I'm sad that this book turned out bad and boring. Yet, the smut scenes were okay. Anyway, thank you... Next. 

Synopsis:
Emilia is reeling from the shocking discovery that her twin sister, Vittoria, is alive. But before she faces the demons of her past, Emilia yearns to claim her king, the seductive Prince of Wrath, in the flesh. Emilia doesn't simply desire his body, she wants his heart and soul. But that's something the enigmatic demon can't promise her.

When a high-ranking member of House Greed is assassinated, Emilia and Wrath are drawn to the rival demon court. Damning evidence points to Vittoria as the murderer and she's quickly declared an enemy of the Seven Circles. Despite her betrayal, Emilia will do anything to solve this new mystery and find out who her sister really is.

Together Emilia and Wrath play a sin-fueled game of deception as they work to stop the unrest that's brewing between witches, demons, shape-shifters, and the most treacherous foes of all: The Feared.

Emilia was warned that when it came to the Wicked, nothing was as it seemed. But, have the true villains been much closer all along? When the truth is finally revealed, it just might end up costing Emilia her heart.

Two curses.
One prophecy.
A reckoning all have feared.

 And a love more powerful than fate. All hail the king and Queen of Hell.


Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts