Love, Theoretically - Ali Hazelwood.

Love, Theoretically.
Author: Ali Hazelwood.
Pages: 389 pages, Paperback
Genre: Romance, Contemporary Romance, Fiction, Adult, NA, Chick lit, 
Published: June 13, 2023. By Sphere.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.16.

Hii, my fellow readers. This week's book is 'Love, Theoretically' by Ali Hazelwood. Another contemporary STEM, standalone romance.

This was a fun and swooney read. I loved Jack, he is such a lovely book-boyfriend. I enjoyed reading it, but it wasn't my favorite of Ali's books. I liked the characters and the romances in the other books more. But overall it was a fun and enjoyable read. I love how Ali incorporates the other book characters in her new books. It feels like a big family when they meet.

Elsie was my least favorite character of all the characters. She is a bit too dramatic and very naïve, however, I must say that she discovers herself in the end which is really good. Jack is such a fine character to discover. He is very interesting and mysterious but also very open. I love the best friend and Hedgie. What a fun animal character! Overall enjoyable characters and I really enjoyed Elsie's side job,"fake-dating".

The world isn't big, and takes place in our world aka Contemporary. Mostly academic, which is usual for Ali. A fun world, but not much description to it. Which is fine and unneeded. 

Overall it was a fun book. I enjoyed the characters, the STEM theme, and the fake dating to dating the brother. The plot was good. It was a good book. Not my favorite of her collection. But I did enjoy it. I'm really curious to 'Check & mate" and "Bride". Those are definitely on my TBR list. Which book did you enjoy the most from Ali? I think mine was 'the love hypothesis'.

Synopsis:
The many lives of theoretical physicist Elsie Hannaway have finally caught up with her. By day, she's an adjunct professor, toiling away at grading labs and teaching thermodynamics in the hopes of landing tenure. By the other day, Elsie makes up for her non-existent paycheck by offering her services as a fake girlfriend, tapping into her expertly honed people-pleasing skills to embody whichever version of herself the client needs.

Honestly, it's a pretty sweet gig - until her carefully constructed Elsie - verse comes crashing down. Because Jack Smith, the annoyingly attractive and broody older brother of her favorite client, turns out to be the cold-hearted experimental physicist who ruined her mentor's career and undermined the reputation of theorists everywhere. And that same Jack who now sits on the hiring committee at MIT, right between Elsie and her dream job. 

Elsie is prepared for an all-out war of scholarly sabotage but... those long, penetrating looks? Not having to be anything other than her true self when she's with him? Will falling into an experimentalist's orbit finally tempt her to put her most guarded theories on love into practice? 


Love, ❤
DarkBlue

Comments

Popular Posts