We Hunt The Flame - Hafsah Faizal.

We Hunt The Flame.
Author: Hafsah Faizal.
Pages: 469 pages, Paperback.
Genre: Fantasy, YA, Fiction, Magic, High Fantasy, Adventure, Romance.
Published: March 18, 2021. By Macmillan.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 3.95.

Hello, my fellow readers, This week's book is 'We Hunt The Flame' by Hafsah Faizal. The first book in the 'Sands of Arawiya' duology. This book is set in a richly detailed world inspired by ancient Arabia. This book is a debut about discovery, conquering fear, and taking identity into your own hands. This book is perfect for fans of Leigh Bardugo's Shadow and Bone series. 

We Hunt The Flame has sooooo many characters. It became really hard to understand which person was which... All I know is that Zafira is our MC, dressed as a guy to hunt. And Nasir is our other MC who is an assassin but also a dark prince. But to be honest, this reminded me a lot of the Throne of Glass series (?) but in an Arabic setting.

This book took me a while to get into, the story starts both slow and fast (which is weird). Probably because it is written in two languages. I couldn't follow most of the time. Luckily there was a dictionary at the end of this book. The complete story was really detailed, there were parts that I thought weren't necessary, which made it a bigger book than it had to be. 

The World-building is very complicated, I was glad this book included a map because I couldn't follow it for most of the time.


I don't know if I liked this book. It took me a while to finish because I didn't have the need to pick it up as I normally have. This book is really slow, yet fast. They're way too many characters, which makes it very complicated. The story was really complicated, then there were a lot of things going on, but at the same time, nothing happened. My mind couldn't understand what was going on... I wished I liked it more, but unfortunately, I didn't. I do hope this book is a fun book to read for you, but it wasn't for me...

Synopsis:
People lived because she killed. People died because he lived.

Zafira is the Hunter. Forced to disguise herself as a man, she risks everything to provide for her people.
Nasir is the Prince of Death. A feared assassin who is forever bound to the command of his father, the sultan.

Both are legends in their kingdom, but neither wants to be. And when Zafira embarks on a dangerous quest to return magic to their suffering land, Nasir is sent on a similar mission. But as their journey unfolds, an evil begins to stir...


Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts