Glint - Raven Kennedy.

Glint.
Author: Raven Kennedy.
Pages: 470 Pages, Paperback. 
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Fae, Adult, Magic, NA, Retellings, Fiction, Mythology.  
Published: June 2, 2022. By Penguin 
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.20.

Hii, my fellow readers. This week's book is 'Glint' by Raven Kennedy. This is the captivating second book of The Plated Prisoner series. An epic adult fantasy story with a slow-burn romance and a magical world, Orea. 

Trigger warning: explicit language, sexual assault, trafficking and abusive relationships. 

This book was so addictive to read. Auren's life is truly tragic and I feel sorry for her. But she is learning and discovering things, that make her stronger. Her character growth is beautiful to read.
I hate Midas more and more. He has so many red flags...
And then we have Commander Rip, oh dear. He is such a fascinating character. I can't wait to discover his character(s) more. The inner circle of Rip has a fun and lovable vibe, and they're amusing to discover.

The world-building is huge and I can't wait to discover more about the Seventh Kingdom. I enjoy how Raven described the world. What happend with the Fae world? I'm so excited to read more out about it. 


The pacing of this book series is slower, but I don't mind because Raven gets your attention in each chapter. I love how Raven writes about the tragic life of Auren and how it slowly turns its way. The slow-burn romance and the subtle details of certain relationships. A magical world I like to discover more about. How she describes the character growth in this book. I really liked it. The plot twists in the book were thrilling. However, the ending almost killed me. That was such a cliffhanger. I couldn't wait to buy the prequel of this book. Overall, I really liked it and I can't wait to discover the characters, world, and story, more. 


Synopsis
For ten years, I've lived in a gilded cage inside King Midas's golden castle. But one night changed everything.
Now I'm here, a prisoner of Fourtj Kingdom's army, and I'm not sure if I'm going to make it out of this in one piece. They're marching to battle, and I'm the bargaining chip that will either douse the fire or spark a war.

At the heart of my fear, my wory, there's him... Commander Rip.

Known for his brutality, on the battlefield, his viciousness is unsurpassed. But I know the truth about what he is.

Fae.

The betrayers. The murderers. The ones who nearly destroyed Orea, wiping out Seventh Kingdom in the process. Rip has power sizzling beneath this skin and glinting spikes down his spine. But his eyes... His eyes are the most compelling of all.
When he turns those black eyes on me, I feel captive for an entirely different reason.

I may be out of my cage, but I'm not free, not even close. In the game of kings and armies, I'm the gilded pawn. The question is, can I out maneuver them?


Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts