Gleam - Raven Kennedy.

Gleam.
Author: Raven Kennedy.
Pages: 663 Pages, Paperback. 
Genre: Romance, Fantasy Romance, Fae, Adult, NA, Magic, Mythology, Fiction, Retellings. 
Published: 2022 by Penguin Books.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.38 stars.
My Rating: ★★★★☆ 4 stars. 

Hii, my fellow readers. This week's book is "Gleam" by Raven Kennedy. The third book in "The Plated Prisoner series". A series that I've been loving lately. Glint was fun, but Gleam made me realize I'm loving this series. 

The plated prisoner is a slowburn series. I mostly enjoy a good slow burn, but this series is on another level of slowburn. The chemistry, tension, and character buildup through these books, is amazing. It took three big books to get Auren (MC) to where she is now. An independent and strong character, that plays the political game how Midas always does. She is learning the tactics, but mostly her own power and strength. She went from a naive, helpless, little mouse to this strong empowered woman. It's beautiful to read this big character development. The chemistry between her and Rip is insane and the romance finally starts to take off. I mean, there is a scene that was very tensed and very satisfying to read. Other characters are getting more depth in this series, and it's exciting to now that there will be more during the series.

The world building is amazing and exciting. It's a big world, but you'll get to know more and more during the books. There is some secrecy and mystery about a certain place. And I'm eager to discover more about this place. The writing style is amazing. You'll get sucked into this story (series) from the first pages. The magic system is getting more depth to it and I'm curious to discover more of the magic power that every character (with magic) is having.



I've been loving this series. It has big books, and honestly. I don't mind. Because it's so well written. You'll love some of the characters, but you'll also hate some of them. The story is such an emotional rollercoaster. The cliffhangers are insane and unseen. The ending really touched me and I ordered the next book after I finished Gleam (actually, I ordered the wrong book - Gold - and I still need to buy - Glow -... So I will do that later). This is such an amazing series and I really love the magical world it's all set in. It's such a different storyline than I'm used to and I'm obsessed with it. I can't wait to read the next book - Glow - and to find more about... Well, everything!

Synopsis:
I don't choose him.
Not anymore.
I'm Choosing me.

I was told that being confined was to keep the bad out... Until I realized it was about keeping me in. 
Midas made me forbidden and weak. Little did he know that I would find my wings and voice - which sings now.

After living amongst the terrifying army of fourth Kingdom. I find myself, once again, in strange lands and a kingdom surrounded by liars.

But something has ignited within me. Something dark. Something angry.

Then comes King Ravinger.

And the last thin I wanted was my heart to be torn.

Can I really fall in love when the cities around me threaten to crumble and my fate hangs in the balance?

One thing is for sure.
I won't be caught in a cage again.
No. This time.
It'll be me setting the trap.


Love, ❤
DarkBlue. 

Comments

Popular Posts