The Assassin's Blade - Sarah J. Maas.

The Assassin's Blade.
Author: Sarah J. Maas.
Pages: 435 pages, Paperback.
Genre: Fantasy, YA, NA, Romance, Novella, Fiction.
Published: March 4th 2014 by Bloomsbury Childrens.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.34.

Hello my fellow readers, today I wanna talk about the book "The Assassin's Blade' by Sarah J. Maas. This is the first book of the TOG series. Its a novella book with 5 short stories in it. The start of the Celaena/Aelin adventures and the start of the TOG series.

When I first bought this book, I was super excited to start reading it. But a lot of people recommendid that you should read this book after Heir of Fire. However I disagree with them. I wished I read this book first before I started Throne of glass. Mainly because it's a whole different story than the others. In this book you don't find a lot of magic as in the others, this is more a assassin book with violence and sword-fighting. You get to know Celaena as an assassin and a sneak peek about her past. 

Her co-characters are mainly Arobynn who found her as a child and trained her to be one of the best assassin's ever and Sam Cortland. The first boy who her heart belonged to.

These short stories follows Celaena as an assassin chronically, and why she happend to end in Endovier. I like the build-up from these stories, how she grows as an character and how she grows with her co-characters.

The world is bigger in this story because at some point she travels to a lot of places (like the deserted land, Anielle..). The map in the book is quite helpful.



I really enjoyed reading these short stories. Mainly because the build-up was great and the story really gave me emotions. It blew my mind at certain points and some parts I truly wish it didn't happend.. But I guess there would be a good reason why SJM wrote those certain scenes. I am looking forword to read Queen of Shadows because I really like this series and I am curious about the other books.


Synopsis:
Celaena Sardothien owes her reputation to Arobynn Hamel. He gave her a home at the Assassins' Guild and taught her the skilss she needed to survive.
Arobynn's enemies stretch far and wide, from Adarlan's rooftops and its filty dens, to remote islands and hostile deserts. Celaena is duty-bound to hunt them down. But behind her assignments lies a dark truth that will seal her fate, and cut her heart in two forever..

Explore the dark underworld of this kick-ass heroine and find out how the legend begins in the five page-turning prequel novellas to the New York Times bestselling Throne of Glass series.


Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts