Queen Of Shadows - Sarah J. Maas.

Queen Of Shadows.
Author: Sarah J. Maas.
Pages: 648 pages, Paperback.
Genre: Fantasy, YA, Fiction, Romance, High Fantasy, Magic, Fairies.
Published: September 1, 2015 by Bloomsbury UK.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.53.

Hello my fellow readers. Today I wanna talk about the fourth book of the TOG series 'Queen of Shadows' by Sarah J. Maas (Sidenote: I didn't count 'assassin's blade'). 


It took me a while to finish this book, mainly because the beginning was a slow start. It really is a long book (648 pages).. Which I don't mind, but there are certain parts in the book that weren't necessary to the story in the book.

However, reading true this series made me realize that Maas really grew as a writer and that she is trying to make the story more and more interesting for a good plot. You can read that the story is starting to get more and more intertwined then the first books of TOG series and that the stories feel more compleet. I am starting to see that more and more in this TOG series while reading further and further.

The character development is also much better. The characters still have their own side of the story, but they also learn from their mistakes which makes the story more interesting and human. 

Lysandra is a good example for a great character development. You really get to know her better and get to find out what made her who she is now. I really enjoy her character. She has a good heart but is a bad b*tch as well (in a positive way).

I didn't get the beginning of Chaol's character, he was such an a** (In the other books I liked his character). But during the story his character got to a point where he understood what was happening and did something about it, which made me realize that he is just a man that didn't knew better.

Those two characters are great examples of character development and that was one of the things that made this book better then the previous books.

The story itself started really slow. I understand that Maas wanted to build and plan to a great plot twist but it really took a while to get to that point.. Which made it hard for me to pick up the book. But when I got to the plot twists I could not put the book down. I can't deny that I had some "ah-ah" and "mind-blowing" moments because the story is starting to connect more and more. You should have seen my face during these moments, haha.

The world - building is still the same on the map. However, I feel like there are more towns and worlds said in the book, then that is shown on the map? Also, Wendlyn is still nowhere to been seen (except on the side with an arrow).



As I said, I really see that Maas is developing her stories and that they are more intertwined then the previous stories. But this book was way to long for the story itself.. However, the characters are more exciting and there are more and more plot twist's during the book. Also there were parts and things that I did not see comming which made it fun again to read.


Synopsis:
Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she's at last returned to the empire, for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past..

She has embraced her identity as Aelin Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen. But before she can reclaim her throne, she must fight.

She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die for her. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen's triumphant return.

The fourth volume in the New York Times bestselling series continues Celaena's epic journey and builds to a passionate, agonizing crescendo that might just shatter her world.


Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts