A Deal With The Elf King - Elise Kova.

A Deal With The Elf King.
Author: Elise Kova.
Pages: 329 pages, Ebook.
Genre: Fantasy, Fae, Romance, YA, NA, Retelling, Magic, Paranormal.
Published: November 2, 2020 by Silver Wing Press.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 3.76 

Hello my fellow readers. Today I'm gonna talk about this book "A Deal With The Elf King" by Elise Kova. This book is a standalone, however there are other books that takes place in the same world as ADWTEK. I'm talking about the book "A Dance With The Fae Prince" and a book that will be published in 2022 "A Duel With The Vampire Lord."

This is the first book that I read from Elise Kova, and I really enjoyed it. I got really fast through this book. I'm curious to read more books from her, and I loved that this was a standalone because I felt it was the perfect amount of story that this book had.

The beginning was a little bit to fast for me. But while reading further, it all made sense to me why the story started so fast. The book was a quick read and satisfying. However, you could guess what was gonna happen, but it is a feel-good romance so I don't mind. The plot was good, and fits well in this story. 

I enjoyed the characters, and also how they grew as persons in the book. the growing of characters made some beautiful moments in the book.
Luella wants to be good for everybody, but learns that she can't do it all and that she needs to think about her own feelings.
Eldas learns that he can trust others and be loved.
Rinni is a friend you like to have.
Willow is fun and loving.
Luke is an a**.
Luella's parents are really lovely.
Overall, I really enjoyed the characters.

I must say, the map of Midscape isn't that clear. But the way Elise describes the world, makes up for it.


This is the first book I read from Elise Kova, and I'm definitely gonna read more from her books. This book took me out of a small reading slump and I really adored it. What can I say, It is a feel good romance book. It gave me al the emotions while reading it, and I ended up feeling good about it.

Synopsis:
The Elves come for two things: war and wives. In both cases, they come for death.

Three-thousand years ago, humans were hunted by powerful races with wild magic until the treaty was formed. Now, for centuries, the elves have taken a young woman from Luella's village to be their Human Queen.

To be chosen is seen as a mark of death by the townsfolk. A mark nineteen-year-old Luella is grateful to have escaped as a girl. Instead, she's dedicated her life to studying herbology and becoming the town's only healer.

That is, until the Elf King unexpectedly arrives.. for her.

Everything Luella had thought she'd know about her life, and herself, was a lie. Taken to a land filled with wild magic, Luella is forced to be the new queen to a cold yet blisteringly handsome Elf King. Once there, she learns about a dying world that only she can save. The magical land of Midscape pulls on one corner of her heart, her home and people tug on another.. but what will truly break her is a passion she never wanted.

A Deal With The Elf King is a complete, standalone novel. Inspired by the tales of Hades and Persephone, as well as Beauty and the Beast, with a "happely ever after" ending. It's perfect for fantasy romance fans looking for just the right amount of steam and their next slow-burn and swoon-worthy couple.


Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts