Sorcery Of Thorns - Margaret Rogerson.

Sorcery Of Thorns.
Author: Margaret Rogerson.
Pages: 465 pages, Paperback.
Genre: Fantasy, YA, Magic, Demons, Romance, Fiction..
Published: June 4, 2019 by Margaret K. McElderry Books.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.08.

Hello my fellow readers. Today I wanna talk about the book "Sorcery of Thorns" by Margaret Rogerson. This is a standalone book.


To be honest.. I thought the story would be much better then it appeared to be. 

The characters where not that great. I mean I never completely knew them so, I didn't much care for there ending (except for Silas, he was the only character that had some character building). The lack of personality was saddening. 
Elisabeth lives in a library and destroys bookinsects..
Nathaniel is a lonely boy with no friends and he is bi. But he ones said he was bi and that was it. I never got the feeling that he really was bi (which doesn't matter, but it felt to me like the author put it in the book so she could add LGTB to the genre list..)
Silas is a mysterious Demon.
Katrine is a nice girl but her character doesn't appear that much in the book.
However, the dialogues/the banter were oké.

While the plot was building up, I never got the excitement of the stakes that were on the line. Because I never felt it.. But then again, I didn't had any bonding with the characters. My emotions were clear and cool while reading this book. I didn't cry or I didn't laugh.. It didn't bring up anything.

The world-building was good, I got a good vision of it and there is a map in the book. The atmosphere was clear.


When I bought this book, I really thought that this book was a good book. The rating on Goodreads is 4.08 so I had big expectations. However I didn't enjoy it as much as I hope I would. I sometimes had to fight against my sleep while reading it.. The story was a bit boring and not develloped enough for me. BUT that doesn't mean that you or anyone else can enjoy this book. Otherwhise this book wouldn't have such a high rating on goodreads. I sadly didn't enjoy it. 

Synopsis:
All sorcerers are evil. Elisabeth has know that as long as she has know anything. Raised as a doundling in one of Austermeer's Great Libraries, Elisabeth has grown up among the tools of sorcery, magical grimoires that whisper on shelves and rattle beneath iron chains. If provoked, they transform into grotesque monsters of ink and leather. She hopes to become a warden, charged with protecting the kingdom from their power.

Then an act of sabotage releases the library's most dangerous grimoire. Elisabeth's desperate intervention implicates her in the crime, and she is torn from her home to face justice in the capital. With no one to turn but her sworn enemy, the sorcerer Nathaniel Thorn, and his mysterious demonic servant, she finds herself entangled in a centuries-old conspiracy. Not only could the Great Libraries go up in flames, but the world along with them.

As her alliance with Nathaniel grows stronger, Elisabeth starts to question everything she's been taught about sorcerers, about the libraries she loves, even about herself. For Elisabeth has a power she has never guessed, and a future she could never have imagined.



Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts