From Blood And Ash - Jennifer L. Armentrout.

From Blood And Ash.
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout.
Pages: 454 pages, Ebook.
Genre: Fantasy, NA, Romance, YA, Fiction, Vampires, Paranormal, High Fantasy.
Published: March 29-30, 2020. By Blue Box Press.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.30.

Hello my fellow readers. Today I'm gonna talk about this book 'From Blood And Ash' by Jennifer L. Armentrout. It's the first book of the book-series 'Blood And Ash' and If Goodreads is right, then there will be six books in total for this book-series.

The beginning of this book had a good start! Not something I would expect a Maiden would do but I loved the beginning. After that, it got a bit slow. But I guess it needed to be like that because the building-up for the story was definitely there, and it made it all clear. However I didn't pick up the book that fast anymore (during the slower phase). Anyway, when I got true the slower phase of the book (which was quite fast) I really enjoyed reading this book.

The character-building was amazing, Poppy is such a smart BUT naïve person. You can't blame her because everybody kept a lot from her and she couldn't do a lot.. But she grew amazing as an character and became more aware of things.

Tawny is a lovely friend, I don't understand why Poppy didn't trust her more. She deserved it, because she was a good friend.

Vikter is the dad you whish you had. Making sure that Poppy can defend herself even when he knew what was at stake for him.

Hawke is this bad ass/bad boy guard. With a huge secret. However, I already knew what it was because I guessed it. So I don't know if it's that huge of a secret. He has a lot of "sexual tension", so if you enjoy bad guys like that. You would enjoy him.

The world-building was clear through words, however I haven't got a map in this book (which I found a little bit disappointing). I really enjoy maps and they can give me a clearer vision of the world (However I have a good fantasy, but it makes things easiers somethimes).

I really loved reading this book, because I really enjoy 'Enemies to lovers' and 'the bad guy' and all.. If you don't like that category, then I wouldn't recommend this book for you. However if you like that. THEN THIS IS A BOOK YOU NEED TO READ!! It kind of reminded me a lot of ACOTAR but in another storyline of course. The beginning had a great start, then it was a bit slower but that ended fast and then it was good again. When I finished it, it hurt a bit that I had finished the book. I wish I could read it again for the first time (this is one of the books I wish I could read for the first time over again). Anyway, I enjoyed reading this book. I hope you enjoy it as well.

Synopsis:
A Maiden...
Chosen from birth to usher in a new era, Poppy's life has never been her own. The life of the Maiden is solitary. Never to be touched. Never to be looked upon. Never to be spoken to. Never to experience pleasure. Waiting for the day of her Ascension, she would rather be with the guards, fighting back the evil that took her family, than preparing to be found worthy by the gods. But the choice has never been hers.

A Duty..
The entire kingdom's future rests on Poppy's shoulders, something she's not even quite sure she wants for herself. Because a Maiden has a heart. And a soul. And longing. And when Hawke, a golden-eyed guard honor bound to ensure her Ascension, enters her life, destiny and duty become tangled with desire and need. He incites her anger, makers her question everything she believes in, and temps her with the forbidden.

A Kingdom...
Forsaken by the gods and feared by mortals, a fallen kingdom is rising once more, determined to take back what they believe in theirs through violence and vengeance. And as the shadow of those cursed draws closer, the line between what is forbidden and what is right becomes blurred. Poppy is not only on the verge of losing her heart and being found unworthy by the gods, but also her life when every blood-soaked thread that holds her world together begins to unravel.


Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts