Indigo Ridge - Devney Perry.

Indigo Ridge.
Author: Devney Perry.
Pages: 324 pages, Ebook.
Genre: Romance, Suspense, Contemporary, Adult, Westerns, Fiction, Mystery.
Published: October 26, 2021, by Devney Perry LLC.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.36.

Hello, my fellow readers. Today I'm going to talk about 'Indigo Ridge' by Devney Perry. The first book of the Edens series. Indigo Ridge is a small town, enemies-to-lovers, contemporary romance. 

I am a complete sucker for beautiful covers. This book got my attention immediately thanks to the stunning cover and I put it right away on my TBR. I'm glad that I did. I finished this book in two days (evenings to be exact) and I really enjoyed it. This book is written in two POVs. 

Our main characters are Winslow and Griffin. Winslow is the new police chief in town and Griffin is the ranch cowboy from the Edens family. I liked their chemistry in the book. However, I missed the enemy-to-lovers aspect. There was a little bit of awkwardness at the beginning between the characters, but it didn't feel like enemies-to-lovers to me. they were attracted to each other the moment they saw each other. And from that moment on, they got closer and closer. 
The side characters were more important near the ending of the book than during the book (and I'm talking about Griffin's siblings). However, it doesn't bother me that much, because when I looked further (synopsis of the next book) it all made sense.
The other side characters (Covie, Frank, Rain, Griffin's parents, Briggs...etc) were fun to discover. 
I noticed that a lot of characters or maybe all of them had blue eyes? What's Up with the blue eyes? 

The world-building in the book is described beautifully. It seems like a town I would live in. Devney described a beautiful place but with an exciting mystery in it. I love a small-town mystery. They are often the biggest cases. You get a good idea how the town looks like and you can feel the vibes true the book.

I really enjoy reading small-town romances. I liked this book. It was fun and easy to read. Indigo Ridge has two POVs. One from Winslow and one from Griffin. This story is mostly about the relationship between them. And the mystery in town. The next book (Juniper Hill) isn't about Winslow and Griffin anymore. Am I gonna read the next books? Probably, because I like the town and the vibes in it. Did I like Indigo Ridge? I did, it was fun. However, some parts were a little predictable. But that didn't bother me that much. As I said, the romance was full-chemistry. Yet,  a little too much vanilla, I missed some good smut scenes... Anyway, it was a fun, loving book to read and I hope you like it as well.

Be aware that this book has topics that can be sensitive (suicide, dementia...) 

Synopsis: 
Winslow Covington believes in life, liberty and the letter of the law. As Quincy, Montana's new chief of police, she's determined to prove herself to the community and show them she didn't earn her position because her grandfather is the mayor.

According to her pops, all she has to do is earn favor with the Edens. But winning over the town's founding family might have been easier if not for her one-night stand with their oldest son. In her defense, it was her first night in town and she didn't realize that the rugged and charming man who wooed her into bed was Quincy royalty.

Sleeping with Griffin Eden was a huge mistake, one she's trying to forget. He's insufferable, arrogant, and keeps reminding everyone that he's an outsider. Winslow does her best to avoid Griffin, but when a woman is found dead on Eden property, the two of them have no choice but to cross paths.

As clues to the murderer lead to one of Quincy's own, Griffin realizes Winslow is more than he gave her credit for. Beautiful and intelligent, she proves hard to resist. For him. And for the killer.


Love, ❤
DarkBlue

Comments

Popular Posts