Malice - Coralee June.

Malice.
Author: Coralee June.
Pages: 404 pages, Paperback.
Genre: Dark romance, Adult, Reverse Harem, Contemporary, NA, Erotica, Crime, Suspense.
Published: May 6, 2021. Independently published. 
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.12.

Hello fellow readers. Today I'm going to talk about 'Malice' by Coralee June. This is the first book of the Malice Mafia trilogy. Malice is a dark reverse harem romance and contains material that is intended for readers 18+. This book contains graphic sex scenes and violence (please read with caution). 

I started this book, not knowing what to expect. I knew it was some kind of Mafia romance. However, I really enjoyed this book. Some parts annoyed me a little bit. Parts repeated themselves over and over again, even when I already knew it was said or happened. But! Overall, I really enjoyed this book and I definitely want to read the series further. The plot in this book blew my mind and the build-up to it was exactly how I hoped it would be. When I finished this book, it kind of reminded me a little bit of Den and Vipers. However, I liked this book more.

I liked the characters, they are dark and mysterious in their different ways. Juliet is our main character. She really grows as a person during this book (mostly because of all the traumas) but she kept going and kept being strong. 
I had a completely different thought about what would happen with Vicky. Boy... that blew my mind.
And yes, I really like the dark-twisty-manipulative brothers and their traumas. I can't wait to find out more about them.
But most importantly... Grams AkA Ruthie! what a beautiful character. Such a positive person who accepts things in such a positive way. I really loved her character, even though she was more of a side character. 

The world-building is normal, it takes place in our time and in Kansas City. Coralee took some real places (such as the butcher's house) and made a fun fiction twist to it.

Malice was a fun, smutty, and nerve-wracking book to read. I really enjoyed reading it. Coralee's writing style was fun and easy. Some parts repeated themselves a little too much (in my opinion) but she took me into this world with these fun and exciting characters. I am curious about 'Wrath' and 'Grudge' and honestly... I can't wait to read them. If you liked Den Of Vipers, then this is a book you would enjoy! A dark, smutty, and twisty mafia romance, you should definitely read.

Synopsis:
There are three rules for being best friends with a mafia princess:
1. Don't ask any personal questions.
2. Don't show up at her house unannounced.
3. Don't ever, ever let anyone know you're friends.

For three years, I followed the rules. Vicky and I met once a week at the diner where I worked. I was her slice of normalcy, she was the one person I could confide in. It might have been unconventional, but it worked for us.

One night, all hell broke loose and I got caught up in a battle of bloodshed where we almost lost our lives. I ended up face to face with Vicky's dangerous older brothers. Anthony, William, and Nicholas Civella. The made men of the Kansas City Mob.

After fighting for my life and proving myself worthy, they brought me into their deadly world. It was glamorous but twisted. Torture, death, and crime followed me everywhere I went, chiseling away at parts of me until I wasn't the same anymore.

Slowly, I betrayed my best friend and fell in love.

Chances are they'll ruin me. This thing between us has deadly consequences. But in this criminal world, I'm learning that the rules don't apply when you're the boss.


Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts