An Ember In The Ashes - Sabaa Tahir.

An Ember In The Ashes.
Author: Sabaa Tahir.
Pages: 450 pages, Paperback.
Genre: Fantasy, YA, Romance, Fiction, High Fantasy, Dystopia, Magic, Adventure.
Published: April 28, 2015 by HarperCollins Publishers.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.26

Hii, my fellow readers. This week's book is "An Ember In The Ashes" by Sabaa Tahir. The first book in the AEITA series. A captivating book, written in first-person, with two POV's. 

Our two main characters are Laia and Elias. Laia is a slave and a spy for the Resistance. Being the slave to the commandant isn't that easy and Laia is trying her best. I admire her ambition and her strength in this book. She seems a little bit wary/careful in the beginning, but that changes when she finds certain things out about certain characters. 
Elias is the school's finest soldier. But he's trapped in a world where he doesn't want to live and he can't talk about it. Because if he does talk about it, he would get killed or punished. It feels like there is no way out of his life, and he seems imprisoned in this life. I really enjoy his character because this book can be brutal and he is such an empathetic person. Even when the rules say otherwise. 
There are many more characters in this book that triggered my interest. Keenan is the red-haired hotty who wants to protect Laia in ways he can protect her. 
Cook and Izzi are other slaves and I'm curious about their stories. 
Helene, Elias's best friend. What will happen to her? 
And many more characters,  Sabaa did such a great job with the character-building. There are many characters. However, it's easy to follow who is important and who isn't. I'm truly excited to find out more about them.

(Map The Empire)

The World-building is amazing. My edition has two maps in it. So I can follow easily when my fantasy isn't working anymore. Yet, I don't necessarily need it, because my fantasy works just fine. Sabaa wrote it in such a beautiful way, it feels so real. 

( Map Blackcliff Academy)

This book was a good/heart-pounding/nail-biting book. It's captivating and the plotline of the book keeps you up at night. I really enjoyed reading this book, because Sabaa wrote it really amazingly. This book contains a love triangle (beginning stage, so no smut) I am really curious about the other books and I really want to continue this series. I really recommend this book if you enjoy reading adventure. I recommend this book overall because the story is really good. Have you read this series yet? If you did, let me know! If you haven't, you should.

Synopsis:
Under the Martial Empire, defiance is met with death.

When Laia's grandparents are brutally murdered and her brother arrested for treason by the empire, the only people she has left to run to are the rebels.

But in exchange for their help in saving her brother, they demand that Laia spy on the ruthless Commandant of Blackcliff, the Empire's greatest military academy. Should she fail it's more than her brother's freedom at risk... Laia's very life is at stake.

There, she meets Elias, the academy's finest soldier. But Elias wants only to be free of the tyranny he's being trained to enforce. He and Laia will soon realize that their destinies are intertwined and that their choices will change the fate of the Empire itself.

Love,
DarkBlue

Comments

Popular Posts