Storm And Fury - Jennifer L. Armentrout.

Storm And Fury.
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout.
Pages: 512 pages, Paperback.
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, YA, NA, Paranormal, Urban Fantasy, Demons, Angels.
Published: May 12, 2020. By Inkyard Press.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.11.

Hello, my fellow readers. Today I'm going to talk about the book 'Storm and Fury' by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This is the first book in the trilogy- series: 'The Harbinger'. So let's talk about it and enter a world of gargoyle protectors, rising demons, and one girl with a massive secret.

When I started this book, I didn't know what to expect. I knew it was about demons. However, I didn't expect our main character to have a disability and kind of superpowers. Trinity reminds me a little bit of Poppy from the FBAA series. She is an important person who needs to be protected in a community that kind of prisons her and she is impulsive/naïve... But, Trinity has another character than Poppy and it's more YA than NA. 

Our manly main character is Zayne. He sounds like a badass guy, he is a badass guy, but also he isn't. If that makes sense? His character seemed very intriguing and hot at the beginning of this book. But near the ending, his character seemed distracted and not that important anymore even though he is an important character.

Sidenote: While writing this review, I found out that there is a complete series before this one... Where the story between Layla and Zayne is told. The series is called "The Dark Elements" by Jennifer L. Armentrout and I haven't read it yet, and I am stunned by how I could not know this? 

Anyway, the other characters don't feel all that important to me (except one for the plot twist). But I did enjoy it when they came into the view. Mostly the ghost Peanut, he sees and hears everything (which makes it fun to read). 

The world-building was really great. It takes place in our world, and I guess at this certain time (because of the cellphones and the cars). I loved how she made the world-building, it felt real. 

Storm and Fury begins a little bit slow, then it starts to get interesting (with insta-love) and then the book takes too long to get to the plot. It has 500+ pages, while the story could have been written within 300+ pages. Yet, I did enjoy reading this book. I liked the demons and angels part, I liked that Trinity is impulsive and confident in her powers. I liked the world-building, I liked the stars on the ceiling. I overall enjoyed reading this book. Do I recommend it? Yes, I do. If you enjoy Insta-love. Am I going to read the next book (and the previous ones)? Yes, but only when I'm in the mood to continue this story. Have you read it? Let me know what your thoughts are on this book. 

Synopsis:
Eighteen-year-old Trinity Marrow may be going blind, but she can see and communicate with ghosts and spirits. Her gift is part of a secret so dangerous that she's been in hiding for years in an isolated compound guarded by Wardens - gargoyle shape-shifters who protect humankind from demons. If the demons discover the truth about Trinity, they'll devour her to enhance their powers.

When Wardens from another clan arrive with disturbing reports that something is killing both demons and Wardens, Trinity's world implodes. Not least because one of the outsiders is the most annoying and fascinating person she's ever met. Zayne has secrets of his own that will upend her world yet again, but working together becomes imperative once demons breach the compound and Trinity's secret comes to light. To save her family, and maybe the world, she'll have to trust Zayne. But all bets are off as a supernatural war is unleashed...

Love,❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts