Queen Of Myth And Monsters - Scarlett St. Clair.

Queen Of Myth And Monsters.
Author: Scarlett St. Clair.
Pages: 369 Pages, Paperback
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Vampires, Paranormal, Adult, Fiction, Magic.
Published: December 20, 2022. By Bloom Books.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★☆☆ 3.45.

Hii, this week's book is 'Queen Of Myth And Monsters' by Scarlett St. Clair. The prequel to King of Blood And Battle. A second book in the 'AdrianXIsolde' series. 

Honestly, I had to lay this book down around page 130, to start another book... Why? Because I didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed KOBAB. The pacing in this book was weird. It started very slow, then it went fast, then slow again, etc. The characters were annoying, especially Isolde. I expected way too much of 'QOMAM' and it was very disappointing. 

Ilsode was not the adventurous one anymore like in KOBAB, she was very spoiled and arrogant (she was so rude to everybody). Isolde and Adrian bickered a lot (before or after the smut scenes). And it annoyed the cr*p out of me. I admire Adrian's patience, but his character is not the same as in Kobab (he seems different to me, even though he isn't. If that makes sense?) Killian was actually very nice in this book.

The world-building is actually the same as in KOBAB, I have zero complaints about this. 

I stopped reading around p130 to start another book. When I finished the other book, I picked this up again because I felt like I needed to give it another chance (I almost never DNF a book). Yet, I stopped after 2 pages of reading and I made up my mind to DNF it. There is no substance in this book, and there was no particular plot in this book that I read (I stopped reading on p132) The characters aren't enjoyable and there is no character building, they've actually downgraded. I didn't like how the relationship between Isolde and Adrian went, always bickering. There was no romance between them anymore. Overall, I didn't like this book, it felt like Scarlett wrote this book on a really short deadline because it didn't feel like it was thought through. I don't know if I'll ever pick this book up again if I changed my mind, but for now, it's a no. There will be a third book in this series, but I don't think I will buy it. Maybe time will tell. To end this post on a positive note, I wanted to say that I do like the cover of this book. The colors are gorgeous. And I wanted to say that if you read this book, I hope you will like it more than I did. 

Synopsis:
Isolde, the newly coronated queen, has finally found a king worthy of her in the vampire king, Adrian. But their love for each other has cost Isolde her father and her homeland. With two opposing goddesses playing mortals and vampires against one another, Isolde is uncertain who her allies are in the vampire stronghold of Revekka.

Now - as politics in the Red Palace grow more underhanded, inexplicable monster attacks plague the villages, and a deadly crimson mist threatens all of Cordova - Isolde must trust in the bond she's formed with Adrian, even as she learns troubling information about his complicated past.


Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts