Good Girl, Bad Blood - Holly Jackson.

Good Girl, Bad Blood.
Author: Holly Jackson.
Pages: 417 Pages, Paperback.
Genre: YA, Mystery, Thriller, Crime, Fiction, Contemporary, Murder Mystery, Romance.
Published: April 30, 2020 by Electric Monkey.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.30 Stars.
My Rating: ★★★★☆ 4 Stars.

Hii, my fellow readers. This week's book is "Good Girl, Bad Blood" by Holly Jackson. The second book in "The Good Gril's Guide To Murder" and Oh Boy... This book surprised me as much as the first book did. An exciting and thrilling story with lots of secrets to discover.

I picked this book up in my city library, because I saw the series on Netflix and I had forgotten how good the first book actually was. I binged the tv-series in one day and I was too curious to read the next book, which I started reading right after watching. It blew me away again. The tension build-up in this book is really nerve-wracking. Because there are lots of plot twists in it.

Pip is getting out of control, she used to be sweet and innocent. But her emotions are out there, and I like how real and vulnerable she feels. Her character development is amazing because she has gone through a lot while discovering the nasty secrets in her town. She and Ravi are a great team, and their relationship grows into something more. The side character's you met in "AGGGTM" got more depth and character development.

The world-building is ok, it gives a different perspective on the people you should know. The town is small but the secrets are big. Luckily this book has a map, you can follow the places Pip goes. Jackson takes us to places and sets the perfect atmosphere you need to feel the tension. What can I say... It's well written.



I am enjoying this series. I like books that remind me of Nancy Drew, but this series has more and exciting secrets. It starts off a bit slower, but that doesn't last long. The plot twists come as the book progresses and the ending was a really big twist that I didn't expect. I really enjoyed reading this book because it was very exciting and thrilling to read. I'm going to loan the next book in this series from my library, because I can't wait to read the third (and last?) book in this series.
Tip: To understand what happens and who the characters are in this book, you have to read the first book. GGBB is a sequel to AGGGTM. 

TW: Sexual assault, rape, violence, blood, murder, child murder,...

Synopsis: 
Someone is missing.
Nobody's talking.
But this time, Everyone is listening...

Pip Fitsz-Amobi is not a detective any more. Her true-crime podcast about the murder case she solved last year has gone viral. Yet Pip insists her investigating days are behind her.

But she will have to go back on her word when someone close to her goes missing and the police can't do anything about it. If they won't investigate , then Pip will, uncovering more of her town's dark secrets along the way. But will she find the answers before time runs out?


Love, ❤
DarkBlue. 


Comments

Popular Posts