The Raven Boys - Maggie Stiefvater.

The Raven Boys.
Author: Maggie Stiefvater.
Pages: 408 Pages, Paperback.
Genre: Fantasy, YA, Paranormal, Romance, Fiction, Magic, Urban Fantasy, Supernatural.
Published: September 18, 2012. By Scholastic Press.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.05 Stars.
My Rating: ★★☆☆☆ 2.50 Stars.

Hii, my fellow readers. This week's book is "The Raven Boys" by Maggie Stiefvater. The first book in "The Raven Cycle" book series. 

I was very excited when I started this book. It's highly rated on Goodreads and I'm very intrigued to read a book with these concepts. However, I find this story confusing and it was hard for me to get into to book and pick it up. I think the writing style is not my style...
I noticed on Goodreads that a lot of the high ratings come from a second read. So maybe I like it better if I read it again? 

The characters are ok. Our Mc is a lonely girl with a psychic family. The other characters are privileged (rich) boys with daddy issues. They find each other because the boys investigate a psychic crack line (and they visit Blue's mom for a reading). They start hanging out and I have to say they all fit for a nice group of friends character-wise. 

The world is not big (they have a heli anyway), but it is very interesting. I like the paranormal idea in this book. And I al curious to discover more about this world and the King who lives under the crack line. What will happen when they find him? 

Overall it was okay. The paranormal concept was intriguing, but I think the writing style is not for me. Basically, the story is about Blue not being able to kiss Gansey because he will die. If they don't kiss he will live. But I feel her curiosity about him. So that's gonna end badly. I have the prequel to this book on my bookshelf and I'm considering reading it. But for now I'm letting it rest on my bookshelf. 

Synopsis:
"There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St. Mark's Eve. Either you're his true love... or you killed him."

Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue never sees them - until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks to her. 
His name is Gansey, and he's a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble. 
But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can't entirely explain. 

He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship student who resents the privilege around him. Ronan, the fierce soul whose emotions range from anger to despair. And Niah, the taciturn watcher who notices many things but says very little.

For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She doesn't believe in true love and never thought this would be a problem. But as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she's not so sure anymore.


Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts