Six Of Crows - Leigh Bardugo.

Six of Crows.
Author: Leigh Bardugo.
Pages: 465 pages, Hardcover.
Genre: Fantasy, YA, fiction, adventure.
Published: September 29th, 2015 by Henry Holt & Company.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.46.

Hello my fellow readers. Today I'm gonna talk about the book 'Six of Crows' by Leigh Bardugo. This book is from the bookseries 'Six of Crows' (SOX) and it takes place after the Grisha war from 'The shadow and bone series'.

This book was on my TBR for a long time. But I never came to it and when the series 'Shadow and Bone' came to Netflix... it was to late. I watched the show before I read this book (I'm ashamed). However, I really enjoyed the show. But it's a lot different from the book (which got me a bit confused).

The characters are really enjoyable. I like that this book gives you every perspective of the characters even though you have main characters like Kaz, Inej and Jesper. Nina and Matthias aren't really main characters, but you can read their perspective as well, which I enjoy.
I like that there are recaps from the past, which gives you an idea what happened in the characters life that made them who their are.

The world building got me in a dark city with lots of criminal activities. Which was exciting and cruel at the same time. I got two maps in the book (I really love maps, so I was happy that I got two maps in the book).

I enjoy the writing style from Leigh. I read 'The Shadow and Bone' trilogy as well and I really loved her style. I like this book as well, but the romance was a bit 'meh' for me. Their was a small buildup, but not a good ending to it so I missed that in this book. Anyway, as I said, I like that you read this book out of every perspective of the characters. It gives you a better idea of the whole book and the story. I enjoy the recaps to the past. The exciting-ness in this book (it gave me nailbiting vibes). And I'm really curious to the second book 'Crooked kingdom'. Overall I enjoyed reading Six Of Crows.

Synopsis:
Ketterdam, a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price and no more knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...

A convictwith a thirst for revenge. A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager. A runaway with privileged past. A spy known as the Wraith. A heartrender using her magic to survive the slums. A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.

Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand betweed the world and destruction, if they don't kill each other first.


Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts