Crooked Kingdom - Leigh Bardugo.

Crooked kingdom
Author: Leigh Bardugo.
Pages: 622 pages, Hardcover.
Genre: Fantasy, YA, Fiction, LGBT, Adventure.
Published: September 20th, 2016 by Henry Holt and Company.
Goodreads rating: ★★★★☆ 4.59

Hello my fellow readers. Today I'm gonna talk about 'Crooked Kingdom' by Leigh Bardugo. It's the second book of the bookseries 'Six of Crows'.

Six of Crows ended tensive. I couldn't wait to read the second book Crooked kingdom. So I bought it immediately.

As I said in my review of SOX I really enjoy the characters. They are strong, excited and they all have some special gift or thing. 
Inej can go and climb on everything, She is such a strong woman. I love a strong woman in a book. 

Kaz is smart and has a limp which makes him even a funner character to read. The way he makes plans is amazing, and it comes with good plot twists, he is always a step forward before anyone even when it doesn't feel like that.

Jesper can shoot on anything, and enjoys a good fight. I like that this book involves his father in it. It makes it even more excited because of Jesper's dept.

I do miss a good romance story in this book.. I hoped there would be more in it because of the characters interests. It was a bit..pitiful. So I think their would be a third book in this series (I hope so) because it must be. And if there comes a third book, I hope there would be more romance in it, because I feel like that story hasn't been told (if you know what I mean).

The world building is good, I really can imagine how Ketterdam would look like and there are two maps (yes, you read it right, TWO MAPS) in this book which I really enjoy. I like that Ketterdam is a dark and dirty place with a lot of illegal stuff going on. It makes the book more tensive.




I really liked reading this book (I think it's much better than SOX). It was a verry tensive and excited book to read, there where new characters that I liked, but also older characters that came back. It also made me cry (haha) and at a certain point I felt betrayed, this book gave me emotions and that makes a book good. Anyway, It was a good book and I really enjoyed reading it, except the romance was pitiful.


Synopsis: 
Kaz Brekker and his crew of deadly outcasts have just pulled off a heist so daring even they didn't think they'd survive. But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they're right back to fighting for their lives.

Double-crossedd and badly weakened, the crew is low on resources, allies and hope. As powerful forces from around the world descend on Ketterdam to root out the secrets of the dangerous drug known as jurda parem, old rivals and new enemies emerge to challenge Kaz's cunning and test the team's fragile loyalties.

A war will be waged on the city's dark and twisting streets, a battle for revenge and redemption that will decide the fate of the Grisha world.

Welcome to the world of Grisha.

Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts