Crown Of Midnight - Sarah J. Maas.

Crown Of Midnight.
Author
: Sarah J. Maas.
Pages: 418 pages, Paperback.
Genre: Fantasy, Magic, Fairies, YA, NA, Romance, Fiction.
Published: August 15th 2013 by Bloomsbury Childrens. 
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.37

Hello my fellow readers, Today I wanna talk about 'Crown of Midnight'. The second book of the bookseries 'Throne of Glass' by Sarah J. Maas.

The previous book TOG was a fun book to read, you got a character and a story, some romance and an exciting game. But this book gives you more deepening in the story, you get a better view of who Celaena is/was and where she really came from. There are more characters of her history and the previous characters are still very interesting because each of them has a big secret that you unravel while reading this book.

A lot happens in this book but not too much and not too complicated. You can follow easily and I was surprised in a good way. However the beginning of the book was a bit slow, but that changed fast.

The relationships between the characters are complicated and intriguing. There is a small love triangle in the book but that changes fast. Because of betrayal and Celaena's role as champion.
Yet I still love the characters and how they're evolving. 

The book has a map and it has a lot of places, I'm still using the map as a back up because I'm still confused sometimes. However the map is beautiful and the world is big. Yet I feel like its gonna be even bigger. 



Crown Of Midnight is a great book and I enjoyed reading it. I can't wait for the third book "Heir Of fire" that I already have on my bookshelf on the TBR-pile. I love the characters and the story, but I'm really curious for the love-triangle between the characters and of course, what's gonna happen in the next book 'Heir Of Fire'.


Synopsis:
"A line that should never be crossed is about to be breached. It puts this entire castle in jeopardy, and the life of your friend."

From the Throne of Glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul as black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his champion. Yet Celaene is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly, she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.

Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasinly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances, not the Crown Pirnce Dorion, not Chaol (the Captain of the Guard), not even her best friend Nehemia (a foreign princess with a rebel heart).

Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie.. and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for.


Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

  1. I'm super excited for reading this second book of the saga. Here where I live (Spain), we only have book 1 & 2; the 3rd will be launched next week I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeey! I really enjoyed the second book and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. In Belgium we have the whole TOG series in the store, hopefully Spain will get it soon as well because you probably wanna read this serie ;).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts