Heir of Fire - Sarah J. Maas.


Heir of Fire.
Author: Sarah J. Maas.
Pages: 562 pages, Paperback
Genre: High Fantasy, YA, NA, Fairies, Romance..
Published: September 2nd, 2014 by Bloomsbury USA Children.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.44

Hello my fellow readers. today I'm gonna talk about Heir of fire. The third book of teh TOG series by Sarah J. Maas.

I had a certain expectation about this book. However it was not what I expected. I hope there would be more romance in it. But there was almost none, which I found a little bit sad. Yet  there are still many books to go in this series, so my hopes are still there. 

This is the book where Rowan is introduced. I always saw and heard great things about Rowan on bookstagram. Anyway, when I first saw his name in this book I was super excited, but he has been such a d*ck in this book (he had his reasons I guess). Rowan and Aelin's relation is definitely not what I expected (haha) but I'm intrigued to read further, because I'm curious what will happen between the two of them. I geuss I need to find it out in Queen of Shadows.

There are many new characters in this book. And each new character has their story to tell, you read their perspectives in the book as well. I enjoy reading others perspectives, because you get a bigger perspective of the whole story. 

The ending of this book has great plop-twists and the whole book is buildup to that moment of revealing. It is exciting and yet not expected. 

The world is still te same as the previous books. This is the map of 'Heir of Fire'. As you can see, it is still the same as the other books. However I heard a lot of Wendlyn in this book (and in COM) but there is no map of Wendlyn in both books. Only on the right side of the paper you can see Wendlyn with an bowed arrow.. I found it mournful because I wanna image the world but it's quite hard to imagine.


I may said that this book is not what I expected to be. However that doens't mean I didn't enjoy reading this book because I really did enjoy reading it. I thought there would be another kind of relationship going on between Rowan and Aelin. But that's my fault because I 'spoiled' myself on bookstagram.. I really enjoy the new characters and their perspectives in this book, I am very curious of their stories further. I really recommend this book and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did reading it.



Synopsis:
Celaena has survived deadly contest and shattering heartbreak. But at an unspeakable cost. Now she must travel to a new land to confront her darkest truth.. a truth about her heritage that could change her life-and her future forever. Meanwhile, brutal and monstrous forces are gathering on the horizon, intent on enslaving her world. Will Celaena find the strength to not only fight her inner demons, but to take on the evil that is about to be unleashed? 

Love, ❤
DarkBlue

Comments

Popular Posts