Forced Bonds - J. Bree.

Forced Bonds.
Author: J. Bree.
Pages: 532 pages, Paperback.
Genre: Reverse Harem, Paranormal, Romance, Shapeshifters, Dark Romance, Magic, Fantasy, NA.
Published: March 26, 2022. Independently Published. 
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.55.

Hii, my fellow readers. This week's book is going to be "Forced Bonds" by J. Bree. The fourth book of "The Bonds That Tie" series. Forced Bonds is a full reverse harem PNR novel with material that may be difficult for some readers. This book will end on a cliffhanger and has foul language and sexual content. 

First off, how stunning is this cover?? I really LOVE the book covers of this entire series. It is stunning. The artist is amazing. 

The character development had a little bit of a lack... I've read this series completely (at the moment, I'm still waiting for the other books to come out) and I know (almost) all the characters inside out. We've been reminded a lot of Nox's traumas, but I don't understand why he hates Oli so much, and I find it weird that Oli does understand it. This makes no sense to me because she has a lot of trauma too and she is still a nice person to her bonded. Also, what the hell happened to Nox, that he has such traumas?

I still love the other characters (the bonds), and the friends of Oli. I was really shocked at the plot of Blood Bonds. I mean... Sage? But it all makes sense now. I am glad that Vivian is still going strong. I love that bastard.

The world-building is pretty much the same, except for the wastelands. There are sudden more wastelands where war takes place. However, you still get a pretty clear idea of what the world looks like.

I enjoyed reading this book, but I felt like the previous books were much better written, overall. There were certain parts that were huge, but they were written like it wasn't that big of a thing (even though it really was). This story was so focused on the plot, that some side stories/moments or character developments didn't seem like something important. Which was kind of a bummer because the previous books had these build-ups to those specific parts and then this book made them seem like it wasn't important (Yes, I am talking about the Nox part). Also, what happened to Athlas's sister? 

Overall, I did enjoy reading this book. But as I said, I liked the previous books better. They had a much better development in characters, and certain moments/parts. I missed that in this book (because it was so focused on the plot). I almost cried for the plot though... It was such a sad moment. So, be aware that this book ends on a cliffhanger. I'm still curious to the next book. How does this story go further? What is the cover gonna look like? What will happen next? I am invested in this story, so I'm gonna continue reading it. 

Synopsis:
They say to keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

What if they're one and the same? 

The stable foundation I thought I'd built in the Sanctuary has been ripped away, and I find myself on teh front lines of the war against the Resistance. I might have my Bonds on my side, but there are darker schemes in motion.

Can I prove myself and turn the tide to protect our most vulnerable, or am I nothing more than the monster they've always claimed I am? 

Will we make it out of this without tragic consequences?

Comments

Popular Posts