Bride Of The Shadow King - Sylvia Mercedes.

Bride Of The Shadow King.
Author: Sylvia Mercedes.
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Fae, Paranormal, Magic, NA, High Fantasy, Adult.
Pages: 498 pages, Paperback.
Published: February 23rd, 2022, by Fire Wyrm Books.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 3.90.

Hello, my fellow readers. This week's book is 'Bride Of The Shadow King' by Sylvia Mercedes. The first book of the BOTSK trilogy (?). Passionate and alluring, BOTSK is an arranged marriage tale with a dual point of view (Faraine and Vor). It's perfect for fantasy fans looking for a touch of spice to go with sweetness in their next swoony, slow-burn romance.

The start of this book was actually a little bit funny. A great and different start than I'm used to. And I enjoyed it. The characters are interesting. This book has a dual POV from Faraine (the heroine) and Vor (the hero). I like Fariane as an MC, her goodness was impressive. She would hurt herself to protect others. She is vulnerable, but not necessarily weak. Vor is the handsome and strong king we all enjoy reading. However, I really appreciated his caring for others and how he respects a woman. 
Other characters that I enjoy reading: are Lyria, Sul, and Hael.
Other characters that I don't like: king Laragon, and Ilsevel.

World-building was good overall. It was presented the way it came. Which was good because otherwise, it would be too much information at once. This book doesn't have a map, but it isn't necessarily needed.

Overall, I enjoyed reading this book. it's a slow-burn romance, too enemies to lovers. The beginning is different than I'm used to, but I enjoyed it (it made me laugh). I hoped there would be more romance in this book, but I guess that will come in the second book. Near the end, I was biting my nails because of the thrilling scene. And I loved it. I enjoyed this book, and the second book is on its way. I can't wait to explore this story further. 

Synopsis:
A shunned princess. A reluctant king.
A marriage that could save both their kingdoms... but destroy their hearts.

Though she is the oldest daughter, Princess Faraine lives in the background, shunned from court and kept out of sight. Her chronic illness makes her a liability to the crown, and she has learned to give place to her beautiful, favored younger sister in all things.

When the handsome and enigmatic Shadow King comes seeking a bride, Faraine is not surprised that her sister is his choice. Though not eager to take a human bride, King Vor is willing to do what is necessary for the sake of his people. When he meets the lively Princess Ilsevel, he quickly agrees to a marriage arrangement.

So why can't he get the haunting eyes of her older sister out of his head? 

When disaster strikes and the marriage alliance is compromised, Fariane suddenly finds herself forced to take her sister's place... regardless of her new husband's desires. Can she find a place at Vor's side as his queen? Or is his heart forever closed to the woman who deceived him so cruelly?

Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts