The Love Hypothesis - Ali Hazelwood.

The Love Hypothesis.
Author: Ali Hazelwood.
Pages: 383 pages, Ebook
Genre: Romance, Contemporary, Fiction, NA, Adult, Academic, College.
Published: September 14th, 2021. By Berkley
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.26.

Hello, my fellow readers. This week's book is 'The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood. A cute, fake-dating romcom standalone book. I smiled the whole way through it. 

This was such a fun and cute slow-burn romance. I understand the hype about this book. There is a lot of miscommunication and some cringe scenes, but I really don't mind it in this book. Because it's cute and I loved it. 

Olive, our MC, is a clumsy/sunshiny person. She is funny and I laughed a lot with her.
Adam on the other hand is big, dark, and grumpy. Also, he is antagonistic and unapproachable. But not for Olive. Olive falls into this fake-dating situation with a professor and obviously falls in love with him. I like their whole relationship during this book because they are the opposites of each other, but they match so well. 

The world-building takes place in college/academia. You have a school, a Starbucks, some labs, and a hotel. Not a huge world, but good enough for this book. There is no map, and no map was needed.

I really liked this book. The tropes are: Grumpy meets sunshine, Professor meets Ph.D. student. Fake dating rom-com,... Not what I usually read, but I really did like this story. It was adorable and cute. There is a lot of clumsiness, and miscommunicating. But an amazing presentation of the industry, their sexuality, social anxiety in events/ interactions...etc. I liked how their relationship grew and how it was written. It was a good book and I finished it in two days (which is really fast for me). I liked it so much, that I already bought another book from Ali, which is: Love on the brain. And honestly, I can't wait to read it. 

Synopsis:
As a third-year Ph.D. candidate, Olive Smith doesn't believe in lasting romantic relationships. But her best friend does, and that's what got her into this situation. Convincing Anh that Olive is dating and well on her way to a happily ever after was always going to take more than hand-wavy Jedi mind tricks. Scientists require proof. So, like any self-respecting biologist, olive panics and kisses the first man she sees.

That man is none other than Adam Carlsen, a young hotshot professor, and well-known ass. Which is why Olive is positively floored when Stanford's reigning lab tyrant agrees to keep her charade a secret and be her fake boyfriend. But when a big science conference goes haywire, putting Olive's career on the Bunsen burner, Adam surprises her again with his unyielding support and even more unyielding... six-pack abs.

Suddenly their little experiment feels dangerously close to combustion. And Olive discovers that the only thing more complicated than a hypothesis on love is putting her own heart under the microscope.

Love, ❤
DarkBlue

Comments

Popular Posts