King of Battle And Blood - Scarlett ST. Clair.

King Of Battle And Blood.
Author: Scarlett ST. Clair.
Pages: 391 Pages, Paperback.
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Paranormal, Vampires, Fiction, NA, Adult, Magic. 
Published: November 30th, 2021 by Bloom Books.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★☆☆ 3.84

Hello, my fellow readers. This week's book is 'King Of Battle And Blood' by Scarlett ST. Clair. A new Adrian and Isolde series to discover. KOBAB is a vampire romance, with tropes like enemies-to-lovers, and arranged marriage between a mortal princess and a vampire King.

Our Mc is Isolde. A feminine fearless and strong woman. Yet, she is vulnerable and has her weaknesses. I enjoyed her character mostly, but there were parts that annoyed me. For example, she was so desperate for answers, and when she gets to the point to discover some answers, she wanted to make love... That annoyed me a lot. Furthermore, it was a fun character to read. A little bitchy sometimes but I liked it.

Adrian, our Blood King. A handsome, strong, muscle man. A man who does everything for his love. But eventually leaves her behind in danger (not knowing there would be a danger). This made me a little bit confused. However, he did prove his love and his kindness. Which was adorable. He is the alpha male, but he lets his love make her own decisions. He had a good heart and I overall enjoyed his character as well. 

The other characters are mostly fun too. There were characters that I didn't like. Because they were asses. There were characters that betrayed our MC's, which I didn't see coming. The relationship between Isolde and Adrian was fast-paced. Really fast, which made me question a lot of things in the beginning. But near the end, it makes sense. 

The world-building seems big on its map but isn't extensively written. The Red palace intrigued me because the red sky seems very dark. Furthermore, the world is fun and I am curious to discover more about the nine houses.


Overall, I enjoyed reading this book. The book is more focused on romance than fantasy itself. This annoyed me in some parts because when you get to discover some things, the romance interrupted it. Don't get me wrong, I liked the romance. But it felt like Scarlett wanted to focus more on the smut than the story itself. The story could use more depth because some parts went very fast and unexpectedly. But eventually, I liked the book, I liked the story and I can't wait to read 'Queen Of Mith And Monsters'. 

Synopsis:
Their Union Is His Revenge.

Isolde de Lara considers her wedding day her death day. To end a years-long war, she is to marry teh vampire king, Adrian Aleksandr Vasiliev, and kill him. 

But her assassination attempt is thwarted and Adrian threatens that if Isolde tries to kill him again, he will raise her as the undead. Faced with the possibility of becoming the thing she hates most, Isolde seeks other ways to defy him and survive the brutal vampire court.

Except it isn't the court she fears most, it's Adrian. Despite their undeniable chemistry, she wonders why the king - fierce, savage, merciless - chose her as consort.

The answer will shatter her world.

Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts