The Bridge Kingdom - Danielle L. Jensen.

The Bridge Kingdom.
Author: Danielle L. Jensen.
Pages: 354 pages, Paperback.
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, YA, NA, Fiction, High Fantasy, Enemies-to-lovers-to-Enemies-again.
Published: August 13, 2019, by Context Literary Agency LLC.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.08.


Hii, my fellow readers. This week's book is 'The Bridge Kingdom' by Danielle L. Jensen. A passionate, violent, and seductive fantasy series to discover. This is the first book of the series 'The Bridge Kingdom' and this is where it all starts.

Wow... The first pages got me hooked on this book immediately. The start of this book was intense and thrilling. So, I read this book in 3 days. And to be honest... I loved it! I already have the sequel of TBK laying on my shelf, ready to be read.

Let's start with the characters.
Lara is our MC. She is a badass b¨tch. Says she isn't afraid of anything and all. However, when she's on the Bridge Kingdom, she discovers some fears and truths. I love how her character building went during this book and my heart broke at some parts. 
Aren is the other MC. I can't say anything bad about him because he has a good heart and wants to believe in the good of everybody, and I love that about him. Yet, he will change and my heart breaks for him.
Jor, Lia, Taryn, etc, are soldiers from The Bridge Kingdom. You get to know each of them a little bit better and I enjoy how the small things written about them, make you feel like you know them.
There are many more characters, but these were my favorites to get to know. There aren't too many, so it's easy to follow which character is which (some books have a lot of characters, which can be confusing after a while).

The world-building is big, but not massive. It's very well and clearly written. My fantasy ran wild. I love how every land/kingdom has different weather types, climates, and land types.


This book was such a fun read. But also an emotional rollercoaster. I was hooked from the first page because this book has a very strong beginning. It didn't stop there, because near the end, the plot twists came and the book ended on a cliffhanger. The world-building is beautiful and the character builds are amazing. My heart broke a couple of times, especially at the end. But, I can't wait to read the sequel 'The Traitor Queen' (I already have it). TBK is an enemies-to-lovers-to-enemies-again (a little bit of smut, but not to steamy), so be prepared. 

Synopsis: 
A warrior princess trained in isolation, Lara is driven by two certainties. The first is that King Aren of the Bridge Kingdom is her enemy. And the second is that she'll be the one to bring him to his knees.

The only route through a storm-ravaged world, the Bridge Kingdom enriches itself and deprives its rivals, including Lara's homeland. So when she's sent as a bride under the guise of peace, Lara is prepared to do whatever it takes to fracture its impenetrable defenses. And the defenses of its king.

Yet as she infiltrates her new home and gains a deeper understanding of the war to possess the bridge, Lara begins to question whether she's the hero or the villain. And as her feelings for Aren transform from frosty hospitality to fierce passion, Lara must choose which kingdom she'll save... and which kingdom she'll destroy.


Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts