It Ends With Us - Colleen Hoover.

It Ends With Us.
Author: Colleen Hoover.
Pages: 376 pages, Paperback.
Genre: Romance, Fiction, Contemporary, NA, Adult, Abuse, Chick-Lit.
Published: August 2, 2016, By Simon & Schuster UK.
Goodreads: ★★★★☆ 4.30.

Hii, my fellow readers. This week's book is 'It Ends With Us' by Colleen Hoover. A heart-wrenching book about love in an abusive relationship. 

This book was heartbreaking. You get to know the characters and you see them growing to each other and fall in love with each other. But sometimes, that's not enough and that's kind of heartbreaking to read. 

The character development is really good. You thought you get to know one but during the book, the characters grow and change. So the love I had for the character, in the beginning, was different. Lily is the MC, she had a difficult childhood. That made her tougher in her adulthood and I admire her fortitude. However, sometimes she did make choices I thought were kind of harsh. 
Atlas is her childhood love, and Ryle is her lover. 
I really like Marshall and Allysa, their relationship was adorable. I like Lily's mom and how strong she end's up. 

The world-building is Contemporary and small. It takes place in Boston (most of the time). 

Overall, I enjoyed it. However, there were parts and pieces that made me doubt some things in this book. Abuse is a tough trope to read and especially to write. I guess Colleen did a good job because it got me reading till the end. Mostly because I was curious, but I got frustrated near the end because I hoped for a better ending (It did make me realize that sometimes you read for fun and sometimes you read to get knowledge and perspective. This book gave me perspective)  Yet, I didn't love it like I loved Verity. I am curious to read 'It starts with us', but I'm not jumping on it. This book also contains the tropes: Love-triangle and marriage. Yes, It was a heartbreaking book.

Synopsis: 
Sometimes the one who loves you is the one who hurts you the most.

Lily hasn't always had it easy, but that's never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She's come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up. She graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily's life suddenly seems almost too good to be true.

Ryle is assertive, stubborn, and maybe even a little arrogant. He's also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily, but Ryle's complete aversion to relationships is disturbing.

As questions about her new relationship overwhelms her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan. Her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.

Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts