Fourth Wing - Rebecca Yarros.

Fourth Wing.
Author: Rebecca Yarros.
Pages: 512 Pages, Paperback.
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Dragons, NA, Fiction, Magic, High Fantasy, Adult.
Published: May 2, 2023. By Piatkus.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.67.

Hii, my fellow readers. This week's book is 'Fourth Wing' by Rebecca Yarros. The first book of 'The Empyrean' series. Let's enter the brutal and elite world of a war college for dragon riders.

Our MC is Violet (AKA Violence) and she wanted to be a scribe quadrant to learn as much as she can. However, her mother thought otherwise and send her to be a rider. She adapted herself and trained herself to be a rider, even though she wasn't made for it. She trained for it (otherwise she would be dead, so I get it). I really enjoyed her character-building. She started off as a small woman and ended up as a strong and fearless woman. She searched for things to survive and found herself during the proces. During college, she made some friends, even though her sister advised otherwise. Yet, I missed some backstory on her friends' lives. Our other MC is Xaden, and oh boy...  He intrigued me to read this book more. He is our mysterious enemy with dark vibes. However, he never was our villain and he never treated Violet wrong (even though it seemed like it). I really liked his character (He reminded me of Rhysand, and Yes I always compare my manly MC's to Rhysand...) During the read, you discover more about Xaden (and even get to read a POV of him). I don't want to spoil anything but I really liked him for being a good "villain" (IYKYK). I want to discover more about his past, so I'm very curious about the prequel 'Iron Flame'. Overall, I enjoyed the characters and their growth. However, I missed some depth in their pasts.


The world is big and magical. There is a war college but outside the war college, there's another world. It is massive and well-described. The first map is a map of the college (see pictures). The other map is a map of the world. Most of the story takes place in college. Yet, You'll get some info on why the riders get trained for war and against which places. 




I really enjoyed reading this book. It was easy (but a lot) to read and understand. Thanks to Rebecca her writing style was well-written, and smooth during the read (no info dump). The story followed up nicely and had me triggered and invested. I enjoyed the characters (but missed some depths of their backstories). I loved the world and how it's described. The romance was great and there was smut in it as well (which was very much likable). I loved how this book contained dragons, who choose their riders. The tension during the plot twists and the cliffhanger is amazing and exciting. As I said, I loved this book and yes, I already bought the second book 'Iron Flame'. 


Synopsis:
Twenty-year-old Violet Sorrengail was supposed to enter the Scribe Quadrant, living a quiet life among books and history. Now, the commanding general, also known as her tough-as-talons mother, has ordered Violet to join the hundreds of candidates striving to become the elite of Navarre: Dragon Riders.

But when you're smaller than everyone else and your body is brittle, death is only a heartbeat away... Because dragons don't bond to "fragile" humans. They incinerate them.

With fewer dragons willing to bond than cadets, most would kill Violet to better their own chances of success. the rest would kill her just for being her mother's daughter. Like Xaden Riorson, the most powerful and ruthless wingleader in the Riders Quadrant. 

She'll need every edge her wits can give her just to see the next sunrise.

Yet, with every day that passes, the war outside grows more deadly, the kingdom's protective wards are failing, and the death toll continues to rise. Even worse, Violet begins to suspect leadership is hiding a terrible secret.

Friends, enemies, lovers. Everyone at Basgiath War College has an agenda. Because once you enter, there are only two ways out: Graduate or die.


Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts