The Traitor Queen - Danielle L. Jensen.

The Traitor Queen.
Author: Danielle L. Jensen.
Pages: 331 pages, Paperback. 
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, YA, NA, Fiction, Adventure, High Fantasy.
Published: September 8, 2022. By Penguin Books.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.26.

Hii, my fellow readers. This week's book is 'The Tratitor Queen' by Danielle L. Jensen. The second book in 'The Bridge Kingdom' series. A wild action-packed fantasy romance, about betrayal and love.

This book had me sitting on the tips of my toes. The story was thrilling to read and I couldn't stop reading it. I enjoyed the characters, the world-building, and the love story, but also how the war seemed to turn.

Lara made a lot of mistakes, because of the manipulation she had to endure by her father. When she noticed things weren't how her father told her to be, she wanted to change things. However, it was too late. During this book, she wanted to make up for her mistakes. Thanks to Lara her willpower and her character growth, she helped Ithicana the best she could. Aren had a hard time accepting the betrayal. He couldn't forgive Lara immediately but he also couldn't stay away from her, which makes this story so much more realistic to read. Aren let Lara sweat for her deeds and I love how he grows in every part as a man and a king. The betrayal was so heartbreaking to read, but the regrowth towards each other was admirable. I'm intrigued to discover more characters during the series. For example, Zarrah, Kerris, Brownwyn, Sarhina, and many many more. These characters intrigued me during the book.

The world is big and I enjoyed how Danielle made this world-building during the book. The world is big and the nature can be scary. But I loved every part of it because there were parts of realistic natural disasters and how some characters know how to live in these disasters and how others don't. Loved the world-building and the bridge part.



I really enjoyed reading this book. I loved TBK and I was super excited to start this book. My gut was right, I liked TTQ as well. I loved how chaotic it ended on TBK and that I was still able to follow along when I started TTQ. I loved how Danielle made me want to finish this book as fast as I could because I was so invested in this story. The characters were fun to follow and I can't wait to discover more of them. I love Danielle her writing style. But most of all 'The Bridge Kingdom' series is one of my favorite YA series.

Synopsis:
A queen now in exile as a traitor, Lara has watched Ithicana be conquered by her own father. Helpless to do anything to stop the destruction. But when she learns her husband, Aren, has been captured in battle, Lara knows there is only one reason her father is keeping him alive: as bait for his traitorous daughter.

And it is bait she fully intends to take. 

Risking her life to the Tempest Seas, Lara returns to Ithicana with a plan not only to free its king, but for liberating the Bridge Kingdom from her father's clutches using his own weapons: The sisters whose lives she spared. But not only is the palace inescapable, there are more players in the game than Lara ever realized, enemies and allies switching sides in the fight for crowns, kingdoms, and bridges. But her greatest adversary of all might be the very man she's trying to free - the husband she betrayed.

With everything she loves in jeopardy, Lara must decide who, and what, she is fighting for. Her kingdom, her husband, or herself.


Love, ❤
DarkBlue. 

Comments

Popular Posts