The Iron Daughter - Julie Kagawa.

The Iron Daughter.
Author: Julie Kagawa.
Pages: 359 pages, Paperback.
Genre: Fantasy, YA, Fairies.
Published: July 20th, 2010.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.06.


Hello my fellow readers. Today I wanna talk about the book 'The Iron Daughter' by Julie Kagawa. This is the second book of the bookseries 'The Iron Fey'. 

I look at my screen and I can't find the right words to describe this book. Mostly because I don't know what my true thoughts are about this book because I have a love-hate relationship with this book (- series). When I started this book I wanted to read it so fast because I wanted to know what happens next. However, the story isn't that exciting at all and some parts truly got true my nerves. But it kept me reading, and I wanted to finish it. DNF was not even an option for me. That doens't mean I hated the book, because I don't. I think the story could be so much better and with more logic to it. But let me explainthe things that I hated. (spoiler alert):

Meghan chase whines a lot, like A LOT. She is always crying and it got me on my nerves. She is such in love with Ash (who she doens't know that long) and when Puck says he loves Meghan, she is also a bit in love with Puck. Come On Meghan.. Get to the point and make a decision. Also, stop whining, it's annoying. 

Ash is a hero but a stupid one. I mean, I like Ash's character. But I don't get him. You give everything up, and for what? 

Puck..... Oh dear Robin Goodfellow. You are such a fun character but also a naive one. You are still hoping that Meghan would love you back. You deserve so much more and because of you  I'm still reading this series (and also because of Ash). 

The world is a fun place and a big one. I miss a map at the beginning of this book, but I think the world is to big so, they didn't make one? WHY IS THERE NO MAP??? (I love maps).

My conclusion. I don't hate the series, but I don't love it either. I think the writing style is fun and easy. It reads fast and you don't need to think a lot while reading this book (which is fun as well). But I truly think the book could be written much better and with less whining and crying. Also, This is the second book of the series and I still miss a lot of answers. Am I gonna continue this book series? Probably but only because of Puck and Ash. I still have a love-hate relationship with this series, but I hope I will love it in the future and I'm still curious to the next books of 'The Iron Fey-series'. Maybe I will find some answers in them (I hope).


Synopsis:
Half summer faery princess, half human. Meghan has never fit anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the winter faery Queen. As war looms between summer and winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron Fey - ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.


Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts