Broken Bonds - J. Bree.

Broken Bonds.
Author: J. Bree.
Pages: 423 Pages, Paperback.
Genre: Reverse Harem, Paranormal, Fantasy, Romance, Dark, Magic, NA, Urban Fantasy, College.
Published: June 28, 2021. Independently published. 
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.57.

Hello my fellow readers. Today I'm going to talk about this book 'Broken Bonds' by J. Bree. This is the first book of the six-book series 'The Bonds that tie'.

When I started reading this book, there were a lot of things that repeated themselves. It was a bit annoying, Yet I kept reading through the story because I was intrigued. When the book progressed, the frequency of certain sentences stopped after a while. So that was a good thing. However, I am glad that I kept reading it because this book was such a fun book to read (Also, How stunning is the cover of this book??).

Oleander (Oli) was a decent character. She is not stupid. Even though she dropped out of school and missed a lot of curriculum. But she studies hard and she works hard for her muscles and condition and everything else. She feels like a normal girl and I really like her as a character. Because she is strong, smart and she doesn't give up easily.

Her best friend is Sage. I really feel sorry for her. However, she actually grew a little bit as a character and it was so fun to read how she grew to the better of her own.

All the other characters (Mainly the bonds). I have a love-hate relationship with. This book contains a bully-romance and it's sad that they don't listen or try to understand why Oli did what she did... but I still like the story. Because there are small glimpses of why the bonds hate her so much and eventually, it will all make sense.

The story takes place in this time and it has little world-building. You get a college with dorms and classes and a special place. And you get luxurious mansions. That's about it for world-building... There is no map included, you need to make up your own place with your fantasy. 

For a bully-romance, I actually enjoyed this book. Some parts were hard and cringy. Yet, I read through them because it got better. The story got me intrigued and I am very curious for the complete story and why exactly everybody is hating on Oleander. But also because the characters are unique and I want to discover their story.

Synopsis:
After the death of my mother and her Bonded, I was relieved to find my own Bonds. I was sure everything would be okay if I had them.
It wasn't...
The fate of our people is in my hands and I know we're better off if I'm alone. After five years on the run, I'm caught and dragged back to face the men I ran away from. 
I thought I was doing the right thing.
Now, I'm not so sure.
North, Nox, Gryphon, Atlas, and Gabe may never forgive me but one thing is for sure.
I won't ever forgive myself.


Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts