These Hollow Vows - Lexi Ryan.

These Hollow Vows
Author: Lexi Ryan.
Pages: 442 pages, Hardcover. 
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Fiction, YA, Fairies, Magic, High Fantasy.
Published: July 20th, 2021. By Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.07

Hello, my fellow readers. This week's book review is about the book 'These Hollow Vows' by Lexy Ryan. The first book of the THV book series. THV is where Cruel Prince meets A Court Of Thorns And Roses. This sexy, action-packed fantasy is about a girl who is caught between two treacherous faerie courts and their dangerously seductive princes. 

This book got me reading until the late hours. I couldn't put this book down, so I bought the second book while I was on page 100 from THV. And I'm glad that I did.

Brie is our MC, she is such a badass. But also a very naîve person. But how could she not be naîve with all the betrayal and lies she gets involved with.
Sebastion, I liked him at the beginning. And I hated him in the end. He reminds me a lot of Tamlin. And we all know how that ends...
Finn reminds me a lot of Rhysand (from Acotar). He is dark, mysterious, and gloomy. I root for him.
There is a lot of tension, mostly sexual tension. However, it's not a NA book.

The World-building is fun and exciting. My fantasy got wild reading this book. TSV has a map, which is always good. I love that this book takes place in a mortal world and ends in a Faerie world. I like the faeries much more. The world gets a pretty good description of how it looks and you get to feel the vibes. 


I really liked this book. Mostly because it reminds me a lot of ACOTAR and I love that book series so much. The art cover is beautiful and I love it. These Hollow Vows had me hooked on the first chapter. It's nerve-wracking and mysterious. But also heartbreaking and emotional to read. I really liked how Lexi wrote this book, but I hate the ending (I hope the second book makes up for that). I really enjoyed reading this, and I can't wait to read the second book: These Bonds. 

Synopsis:
Brie hates the Fae and refuses to have anything to do with them, even if that means starving on the street. But when her sister is sold to the sadistic king of the Unseelie court to pay a debt, she'll do whatever it takes to get her back. Including making a deal with the king himself to steal three magical relics from the Seelie court.

Gianing unfettered access to the Seelie court is easier said than done. Brie's only choice is to pose as a potential bride for Prince Ronan, and she soon finds herself falling for him. Unwilling to let her heart distract her, she accepts help from a band of Unseelie misfits with their own secret agenda. As Brie spends time with their mysterious leader, Finn, she struggles to resist his seductive charm.

Caught between two dangerous courts, Brie must decide who to trust with her loyalty. And with her heart.

Love, ❤
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts