Wrath - Coralee June.

Wrath (Malice, Mafia)
Author: Coralee June.
Pages: 228 pages, Ebook.
Genre: Reverse Harem, Dark, Romance, Mystery, Crime, NA, Suspense, Adult, Contemporary.
Published: October 21, 2021. Independently Published. 
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.06

Hello, my fellow readers. This week's book is 'Wrath' by Coralee June. The second book in the Malice Mafia book series. Wrath is a dark reverse harem romance and contains material that is intended for readers 18+. This book contains graphic sex scenes and violence (please read with caution). 

To be honest, I almost DNF't this book. I thought it would be like the previous book 'Malice' but it was far from that... 

The characters were childish and fought over Juliet like she was an object (she is mine - game). Juliet was really annoying. She ran away from the guys because she was mad and then she goes back to them because she misses them... Just so she could complain again (I still don't understand why they all want Juliet so badly??). Malice was not like the Malice we know. And the other characters were also different in this book. 

The world-building was just the same as in the previous book. Nothing more, nothing deeper described. Just the same in the mansion, in grandma's house, in some dark place... etc. 

The plot wasn't great either. The beginning of the book had a whole other version of the story than the ending. In the beginning, there were a lot of childish fights. Near the end, there was a whole other story going on (which can, but this didn't feel like a complete story). However, I did like how the childishness stopped because of the plot twist. The characters grew to each other (which was nice to read). Yet, the ending was sudden and a little bit strange. However, I finished it because I was too curious and I liked the first book (I hoped it would be the same writing-style, but it wasn't). I don't know if I'm going to read 'Grudge' (the third book in this series), because I'm not feeling it... I guess we'll see. 

Synopsis:
I hated fire. I hated how the smoke wrapped around my naked body, stinging my skin with defiant embers. I hated the smell of burnt flesh, the ashes heavy on my tongue, my charred soul like splinters deep in my chest.

She's dead, Juliet.

There's nothing else you can do...

Dragging my bleeding feet across the concrete, I walked toward the flames. Heat licked at my cheeks. Sirens off in the distance cursed my ears.

Dead, dead, dead.

All of this started because I made a choice. Because I fell in love. Because I was a lonely girl clinging to dangerous men.

She was dead because of them.


Love, ❤
DarkBlue

Comments

Popular Posts