These Twisted Bonds - Lexi Ryan.

These Twisted Bonds. 
Author: Lexi Ryan.
Pages: 496 pages, Hardcover.
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, YA, Fairies, NA, High Fantasy, Magic, Fiction. 
Published: July 19th, 2022. By Clarion Books.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.09

Hello, my fellow readers. This week's book is 'These Twisted Bonds by Lexi Ryan. The second book of the These Hollow Vows duology. A sexy, thrilling, action-packed book will leave you craving for more. 

I was really excited to read TTB, after THV. But the beginning started off really slow. There wasn't a lot going on and Brie was kind of running away from it all. But then things changed and it started to get fun to read again. While the love triangle is moving around and getting tensive, I wanted to know how it ended. And to be honest... This book would be better (in my opinion) if it was a NA, and I wish it had a third book. The ending felt a little bit rushed so I wished it had a third book to make this whole story complete (I wasn't done with Brie and her princes).

This is a love triangle story, between Brie and Sebastian, and between Brie and Finn. Brie felt a bit off at the beginning (which I don't blame her for) but during the story, her character grew into a stronger and braver person. 
Sebastian reminds me a little bit of Tamlin. He is selfish and arrogant in this book. However, near the end, he became different because he just wanted Brie to be happy (even if it's without him). 
Finn is the dark, caring, handsome; and mysterious man we all want in our lives. He cares for Brie and his people (which gave me Rhysand vibes). I like his character the most. He has a darker past you discover during this duology. 

The world-building was great. I enjoyed how the author continued to develop the world, she describes it like you are in the world yourself. 


I enjoyed this book. However, it was a bit slow at the beginning and rushed near the end. I probably liked it more if it was NA (but YA was fun as well). I enjoyed the storyline and the love triangles in this book. This duology-series was good. Yet, I wished there was a third book. Because it doesn't feel complete (this can't be the ending...). I don't know if there will come more books in this series (hope so) because I would read them. I really enjoyed it, I really liked the characters, the world, and the book covers/book art. It was a good duology and I recommend it. 

Synopsis:
Brie finds herself caught between two princes and two destinies while her future of the fae realm hangs in the balance.

After Abriella's sister was sold to the fae, she thought life couldn't get any worse. But when she suddenly finds herself caught in a web of lies of her own making, loving two princes and trusting neither, things are not quite as clear as she once thought.

As civil war wages in the Court of Darkness. Brie finds herself unable to choose a side. How can she know where she stands when she doesn't even know herself anymore? In this darkly romantic thrill ride, the more Faerie is torn apart from the inside, the clearer it becomes that prophecies don't lie and Brie has a role to play in the fate of this magical realm. Whether she likes it or not.

Love, ❤
DarkBlue

Comments

Popular Posts