All Our Hidden Gifts - Caroline O'Donoghue.

All Our Hidden Gifts.
Author: Caroline O'Donoghue.
Pages: 400 pages, Paperback.
Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal, YA, LGBT.
Published: July 1st, 2021.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 3.97.

Hello my fellow readers. Today I wanna talk about the book "All our hidden gifts". This book was one off the books in the februari bookboxclub-box 'Sisters of Coven' (theme). I really like the cover of this book, it's colourfull and the art is pretty. This book was a quick read and a fun read, but I would never read this book again. The story was oké, but I didn't loved it. 

The book was in my opinion an easy read. With that, I mean that the storyline was small and it had a lack of depth in it. Maybe that was the author her intention but I missed a good storyline in this book. 

The Characters were medium to me. Meave was a stubborn and kinda mean person, But she eventually changed (I hated that she said she had a boyfriend, even when it wasn't confirmed she had). I liked Fiona, she had this fun vibes. Roe (Rory) was awesome and a really understanding person. 

I felt like the author put the LGBT part in this book at the end while writting this book. I didn't quite understood why she wrote some parts in this book about it because it didn't felt like a good LGBT story to me. 

Overall it was a fun read, but it could be much better and with much more depth in it. The LGBT could be better written and it was like a simple book to me.

Synopsis:
Maeve Chambers doesn't have much going for her. Not only does she feel like sole idiot in a family of geniuses, she managed to drive away her best friend Lily a year ago. But when she finds a pack of dusty old tarot cards at school, and begins to give scarily accurate readings to the girls in her class, she realizes she's found her gift at last. Things are looking up- until she discovers a strange card in the deck that definitely shouldn't be there. And two days after she convinces her ex-best friend to have a reading, Lily disappears. 

Can Maeve, her new best friend Fiona and Lily's brother Roe find her? And will their special talents be enough to bring Lily back, before she's gone for good? 

Love 
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts