The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue - V.E. Schwab.

The Invisible Life Of Addie LaRue.
Author: V.E. Schwab.
Pages: 448 pages, Hardcover.
Genre: Fantasy, Fiction, Romance, YA.
Published: October 6th, 2020.
Goodreads Rating: ★★★★☆ 4.34. 

This book became such a 'famous' book in 2020. Everybody talked about it, this is a book you wil love 100% or will hate. So I was very curious about the story. At the beginning of this book, I was interested in the story, then there was a moment when it took a long time until it became good again. However, when I got true  the reading-'block' it became interesting again and the ending got me speachless. 

I do think the 'boring' part has so many words and so many lines in the story that probably hides a deeper story in it, which is desperate to be pulled apart, to be investigated apart. However, I probably excpected more or maybe I hoped a deeper meaning in the 'boring' part because I feel like the story should be more then only the ending.. If you know what I mean? 

I like the characters. Addie is a stubborn soul who would keep on living a endless life. However, she made a deal with the "devil" to live forever and free but she became invisible (in a specific way). Henry is a bookworm who doesn't know what to do with his life, and he was kind of depressed. The Devil (aka Luc) makes deals with desperate people who call for the God's but who are to late. The story itself was good, a part was boring but eventually it became good, even great! Some parts where difficult to read, because there were parts that jumped from 2014 to 200 years earlier, and for me it was difficult to read sometimes. I did like the book, it took a long time before it became really good but when you get to that part, I really think you would like this book.


Synopsis:
A life no one wille remember. A story you will never forget.

France, 1714: In a moment of desperation, a young woman makes a Faustian bargain to live forever and is cursed to be forgotten by everyone she meets.
Thus begins the extraordinary life of Addie LaRue, and a dazzling adventure that will play out across centuries and continents, across history and art, as a young woman learns how far she will go to leave her mark on the world.
But everything changes when, after nearly 300 years, Addie stumbles across a young man in a hidden bookstore and he remembers her name.


Q: Did you read this book? If you did, did you liked it? What Did you think of the characters? 



Love,
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts