Cursebreakers series - Brigid Kemmerer.


While I'm waiting for the third book 'A vow so bold and deadly' by Brigid Kemmerer (cursebreaker series). I already read the first two books the cursebreakers series. And while I'm very exciting for the third book of the series, here are my thoughts of the other books from the series. The first book is called 'A curse so dark and lonely', the second book is 'A heart so fierce and broken'.


A curse so dark and lonely.
Author: Brigid Kemmerer.
Pages: 484 Pages, Hardcover.
Genre: YA, Fantasy and romance.
Published: 29 January, 2019. 
Goodreads rating: ★★★★☆ (4.15)
 
This book was kinda the very first YA book that I read. And I loved it. The first pages where kinda disturbing for me, I couldn't follow first, but I told myself to read further and then it al made sense to me. I loved the book because it made me realise that even in the darkest places, you can still find love. And that's what this book is all about. Making big choices and finding love (in time). But the characters where really good written as well. Especially Harper, she is one of the main characters and is this powerfull young women who has her fears but still goes on and on. Even when she has cerebral palsy, it still feels like she can rule the world and that's one of the reasons why I love this book. Trust and friendship is also a big thing in this book. You don't read the exact words 'trust' and 'friendship' but you can feel them between Rhen and Grey and that's how a good book is written in my opinion. You must feel the emotions and thats what this book did to me. Oh, and there was a lot of fall/autumn in the story and that's my favorite season so, a reason more to love.


Storyline:
Fall in love, break the curse.
Cursed by a powerful enchantress to repeat the autumn of his eighteenth year, Prince Rhen, the heir of Emberfall, thought he could be saved easily if a girl fell for him. But that was before he turned into a vicious beast hell-bent on destruction. Before he destroyed his castle, his family, and every last shred of hope. Nothing has ever been easy for Harper. With her father long gone, her mother dying, and her brother constantly underestimating her because of her cerebral palsy, Harper learned to bed tough enough to survive. When she tries to save a stranger on the streets of Washington DC, she's pulled into a magical world.
Break the curse, save the kingdom.
Harper doesnt't know where she is or what to believe. A prince? A curse? A monster? As she spends time with Rhen in this enchanted land, she begins to understand what's at stake. And as Rhen realizes Harpers is not just another girl to charm, his hope comes flooding back. But powerful forces are standing against Emberfall... and it will take more than a broken curse to save Harper, Rhen and his people from utter ruin.



A heart so fierce and broken.
Author: Brigid Kemmerer. 
Pages: 450 pages, Hardcover.
Genre: YA, Fantasy and romance.
Published: 7 January, 2020.
Goodreads rating: ★★★★☆ (4.08)

In my opion, I didn't find this book equal as the first one, which is normal because it's the second one, and it schouldn't be the same. But in this book I didn't like the love story as much as in the first book and I felt more betrayed then love and friendship. I'm not saying that I didn't like this book, because I did. There was this big plot twist in the beginning of the story that you wouldn't even thought of while reading the first book and that's a reason more why I am so excited about the 3rd book that's comming! This book made me feel like saving a friendship and brotherhood but in a cruel way, but also surviving in the cold and in a war. A war I didn't expect when I started reading the series. I'm curious for the next one.


Storyline:

Find the heir, win the crown.The curse is finally broken, but Prince Rhen of Emberfall faces darker troubles still. Rumors circulate that he is not the true heir and that forbidden magic has been unleashed in Emberfall. Although Rhen has Harper by his side, his guardsmand Grey is missing, leaving more questions than answers.Win the cronw, save the kingdom.Rumored to be the heir, Grey has been on the run since he destroyed Lilith. He has no desire to challenge Rhen -until Karis Luran once again threatens to take Emberfall by force. Her own daughter Lia Mara sees the flaws in her mother's violent plan, but can she convinve Grey to stand against Rhen, even for the good of Emberfall? The heart-pounding, compulsively readable saga continues as loyalties are tested and new love blooms in a kindom on the brink of war.


Love,

DarkBlue


Comments

Popular Posts