Harry Potter and the cursed child - John Tiffany, Jack Thorne and JK Rowling.

Harry Potter and the cursed chilled (part one and two).
Authors: John Tiffany (Adaption), Jack Thorne and J.K. Rowling.
Pages: 343 pages, Hardcover.
Genre: YA, fantasy and fiction.
Published: 31 July, 2016.
Goodreads rating: ★★★☆☆ (3.62)


So.. I love Harry Potter! But this book wasn't it for me.. It reads fast and the story is good, but it's a script that you read and the characters didn't feel like the characters.. Also, this isn't one of J.K. Rowling's stories, and you can tell it. It just feels so strange to read. I went into this book with very low expectations and honeslty I don't know how to feel about it. For me it doens't feel like a Harry Potter book. Maybe I should read it again.. Maybe my opinion goes an other way but at the moment, I feel like I have no opinion on this book.. I do feel like the theatre would be amazing to watch. But it will never be the same as the movies and the books. And yes, maybe we keep hanging on the thought about Harry Potter and his beloved friends with the great adventures and that only those characters would make a great story. But you know, I grew up with the stories of Harry Potter, I grew up with Harry Potter and each time another book came out, I was exciting because we became old together. Now he became way older than I am and it just feels strange to read about his kid and how he is acting to his kid.. Maybe the story about Harry Potter just needed to end where it ended. 


Storyline:
Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, a new play by Jack Thorne, Harry Potter and the cursed child is the eight story in the Harry Potter series and thie first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage. Th play will receive it's world premiere in London's West End on July 30, 2016.

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn't much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.

When Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.


Love,

Darkblue


- Handcream is from Yves Rocher, a limited edition, 'clementine & spices'. -

Comments

Popular Posts