The square of revenge - Pieter Aspe.

The square of revenge.
Author: Pieter Aspe.
Pages: 301 pages, Paperback.
Genre: Thriller, mistery, fiction.
Published: July, 2003.
Goodreads rating: ★★★☆ (3.28)

The square of the revenge is the first book from the crime fiction series of "Pieter van In". This book series is written by a Belgium writer Pieter Aspe, and it's the first book I read of his work. When I start a series, I wanna start with the first book of that series. This book was written in 1995. Pieter Aspe is a well known author in Belgium and I wanted to know why, so I started of with this book. I Liked the book, it was good written and it reads fast. However, I don't know what my thoughts are about the main character, but I can't judge on that because there are 43 books that I need to read before I can truly judge about the books and the main character. 

- If you like to read this book from the series, you can buy it in a english version, so it's not only for the duth speaking people. -

Storyline: 
The beautiful medieval architecture of Bruges belies the dark longings of her residents. When the wealthy and powerful Ludovic Degroof's jewelry store is broken into, nothing is stolen, but the jewels have been dissolved in jars if aqua regia, an acid so strong it can even melt the gold. In the empty safe is a scrap of paper, on which a strange square has been drawn. At first, inspector Van In pays little attention to the paper, focusing on the bizarre nature of the burglary. But when Degroof's offspring also receive letters with this same square, Van In and the beautiful new DA Hannelore Martens find themselves unraveling a complex web of enigmatoc Latin phrase and baroness' fallen family and Degroof's relationship with a hostage grandchild, ransomed for a priceless collection of art.


Love, 

DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts