The Fault In Our Stars - John Green.

The Fault In Our Stars.
Author: John Green.
Pages: 313 pages, Hardcover.
Genre: YA, romance, fiction.
Published: 10 january, 2012.
Goodreads rating: ★★★★☆ (4.20)

In my previous bookpost Paper Town, I mentioned another book namely: "The Fault In Our Stars". So I thought it would be a fun idea to make a review about this book as well. Because the books kinda belongs together.

This book was one of my first books that I read. I saw the movie and I wanted to read the book. In my previous years, when I was very much younger. I didn't read as much as I do now (which I regret).
When I read this book I cried. It really was a lovely and sad book at the same time.  
The characters made this book so beautiful. Hazel who is a ticking time bomb due to her medical condition, finds true love with Augustus Waters and they travel to Amsterdam. Augustus is the kinda guy you could fall in love with, a little bit bad but oh so lovely with words. The story is written good and the characters are fun to read. That's kinda it for this book. It is easy to read and you don't have to think much about it. I like that this book has metaphors in it. Which makes this book interesting. 

"It's a metaphor, see: You put the killing thing right between your teeth, but you don't give it the power to do it's killing."

As I said, that's kinda it for this book. Fun and fast to read. Lovely and sad at the same time. Fun metaphors and no thinking.

Synopsis:
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal. Her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw. The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning author John Green's most ambitious and heartbreaking word yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling and tragic business of being alive and in love.


As I mentioned before. This has made into a move. Starring: Shailene Woodley as Hazel Grace Lancaster, Ansel Elgort as Augustus Waters and Nat Wolff as Isaac.


Love, 
DarkBlue.

Comments

Popular Posts