Shadow and Bone - Leigh Bardugo.

 

Shadow and Bone.
Author: Leigh Bardugo.
Pages: 358 pages, Hardcover.
Genre: YA, fantasy, fiction and romance.
Published: 5 June, 2012.
Goodreads rating: ★★★★☆ (4.00)

This is my first review of the Shadow and Bone trilogy. I read this book this week, which is fast for me (I don't have a lot of time..) but this book was amazing and I wanted to know more of it so I searched for time to read between moments.  If you like fantasy, with some romance, then this is a good book to read. The start of the book was a bit confusing. You didn't know what it was all about. When you read further, it got clearer. It was nice that there was a world map at the beginning of the book. It got me some better perspective of the story, mainly the world of this book and to me; the thought of te world seemed amazing. At a certain point, the story got exciting and I wanted to read it so quikly, and I kinda did. I read it in a week which is fast for me because I don't have that much time and I wanted to read this book so fast that I read it between moments, even when I got 5 minutes, I took the book and read. I found this book good written, it's easy but well thought. The characters where very interesting. First I was a fan of the Darkling, like I was team Darkling! But then.. I wasn't anymore hahaha. Mal looked like the boy next door, flirty, hot, good at what he does and a ladiesman. Genya can make you pretty with her magic. This feels a bit strange to me.. because Alina isn't that pretty but thanks to Genya she can be.. It feels like you can't look however you look.. Zoya was a b*tch, but then she was nothing anymore. Alina is the main character and it's amazing that she turned out to be someone very important, even when she was kinda pathetic. She is 'ugly', clumsy, orphan, bad at what she does.. However she gets the two goodlooking men, is one of the most important people of the world and gets te be dressed pretty just because she is important. Sounds like a dream right? I did like her, but sometimes it was a bit to pathetic. I did think the book had a good plottwist in it. As a reader you trust someone because of the nice words and the lovely gestures but then, you don't trust that person anymore thanks to a crazy lady (which feels like the normal world we live in, except without the crazy lady and the warning..). Anyway, I recommend this book because it is good written and exciting. If you already read this, what did you thought about it? 

Storyline:
Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in by two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human felsh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one lovely refugee. 

Alina Starkov has never been good at anything. But when her regiment is attacked on the Fold and her best friend is brutally injured, Alina reveals a dromant power that saves his life- a power that could be the key to setting her war-ravaged country free. Wrenched from everything she knows. Alina is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling. 

Yet nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. With darkness looming and an entire kingdom depending on her untamed power, Alina will have to confront the secrets of the Grisha.. and the secrets if her heart. 


Love,
DarkBlue.

-Handcream from Yves Rocher (snowflakes) -

Comments

Popular Posts